Finally installing some ICS :) taking an eternity!

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Took me long enough but I heard enough good about the latest BAMF build I'm giving a de-sensed ICS rom a trial run, will probably settle on scotts.. but this is where I chose to start.

I know this update is no lightweight but heres my problem... I started installing the latest stock ICS RUU and my phone has been on the HTC splash screen for 10-15 minutes with not so much as a flicker.. how long does this install normally take? Keep in mind this is my first boute with rom's since my D1.. so I was use to lightning fast installs and nothing over 5 minutes.

HAH ironically.. 20 minutes.. now its at the 4GLTE screen lmao

40 minutes later stock ICS.. sheesh now for a rom XD

Last edited:
OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
crap.. installed the new boot image before installing the rom by accident, now I can't boot or get into recovery because after I cancel the ph98img.zip install it just reboots. Any tricks for getting that off the SD card short of swapping it with another one when I get back home? lol

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about messages you see. The first run on the RUU doesn't install everyting. Pull the battery and install the RUU again. It needs to be done twice to work.

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
oh, yeah I got the RUU installed just fine, I was working on installing bamf, and without thinking when I went into the hboot I hit ok to install the frameworks boot img named ph98img.zip instead of going into the recovery.. but thinking back how was I suppose to get into recovery with that there anyways? I can't do it now how was I suppose to do it before? =/

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
That's why I don't do PH98IMG's . I always unzip them and flash the boot.img manually. Not only do you not have to worry about removing it later, but you also never have to worry about the mainver issue.

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
ah! hadn't thought of that. I'll do that in the future! Thanks for that tip. Bunch of trouble over that stupid ph98img... makes me almost wanna go and do the S-off LMAO

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
boo, if I had thought of it before I could've used adb to boot directly to recovery -.- yay me... #$!@#%!6 ah well gonna have to charge up my D1 one when I get home or my wife's eris or Dinc1 to finish up haha

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I got the file deleted and now can't get amonRA installed.. getting a failed - remote not allowed error going to try a factory reset and go from there. no likey HTC modding... lol

edit: still stuck at 4GLTE screen after trying the factory reset too... can't download the RUU at home bah.

Last edited:

pdjmwj

Reaction score
Is it normal to wait 20-40 minutes for the Rezound ICS install to reboot? I'm waiting and getting worried.

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
in my experiences it was on the installation.. total time from start to finish from starting the install to done was almost an hour for both the initial stock ICS leak, and the bamf preview rom. it becomes an issue because you can also get hung at the splash screen if there is an issue with the rom.. definitely nerve racking waiting that long