How Goes Your 4.3 Update?

Malkavian

Reaction score
Update went smoothly for me. Battery drain seems to be increased, but I have been playing with it more today than usual. New thing though. I use folders in TouchWiz and previously folders used to close automatically when you selected something in the folder. Now the folder stays open once you select something. You have to tap outside the folder or the back button to get it to go away. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

7779311mm

Reaction score
Just completed a manual update check/download/install on a Verizon S4 to v4.3 just to see if my beloved Hotspot Toggle Widget (by Fattin Hotspot Network) still works. Sadly, the Hotspot Toggle Widget DOES NOT work (on its on) with the v4.3 update but strangely it DOES work with PdaNet+... ONLY while PdaNet+ is active and the PdaNet+ WiFi on is ticked.

v4.2.2 update had previously killed PdaNet+ connecting ability. And only the Hotspot Toggle Widget would only work...now the other way around...but in combination. WHEW...now GO FIGURE!

GVLBob

Reaction score
What's the big changes with this update?

Upgrade to Android 4.3
LTE band 4 enabled (allows eventually for AWS)
Firmware upgrade for the stock Camera app
Blocking Mode finally fully enabled
Bluetooth Smart (AKA Low Energy) supported
WiFi toggle now properly enabled

Think those are the major ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7779311mm

Reaction score
Upgrade to Android 4.3
LTE band 4 enabled (allows eventually for AWS)
Firmware upgrade for the stock Camera app
Blocking Mode finally fully enabled
Bluetooth Smart (AKA Low Energy) supported
WiFi toggle now properly enabled

Think those are the major ones.

Thanks, but can you explain what the 'WiFi toggle now properly enabled' feature mean?

xmguy

Reaction score
I went ahead and tried to install the update. I unrooted and manually removed Safestrap. But I get an error when it's installing in recovery and it fails.

GVLBob

Reaction score
Thanks, but can you explain what the 'WiFi toggle now properly enabled' feature mean?

There is now a WiFi toggle. In the last upgrade, that toggle was enabled, but you had to do a Factory Data Reset to get it and many people were unwilling to do so.

7779311mm

Reaction score
There is now a WiFi toggle. In the last upgrade, that toggle was enabled, but you had to do a Factory Data Reset to get it and many people were unwilling to do so.

Really, I'm on v4.3 but don't see toggle...Where do I find it?

GVLBob

Reaction score
Really, I'm on v4.3 but don't see toggle...Where do I find it?

Really? Swipe down the status bar. There will be a row of them at the top of that screen. If you instead swipe down with two figures, you will see all 21 toggles.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update went smoothly for me. Battery drain seems to be increased, but I have been playing with it more today than usual. New thing though. I use folders in TouchWiz and previously folders used to close automatically when you selected something in the folder. Now the folder stays open once you select something. You have to tap outside the folder or the back button to get it to go away. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Yeah - same here... not a fan of that, but I mostly use Nova anyway.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The update went fine. Still a bit of problem with connecting my BT in my car. It connects, doesn't always use the car's speakers and microphone. Just uses the car's phone book to dial. Doesn't work all the time.

VidProQuo

Reaction score
Loving the new Verizon 4.3 update! However, I haven't seen a lot of talk on the forums about one of the most important changes in 4.3: TRIM support! What this means is that Android 4.3 can now instruct the flash storage controller when to collect / recycle unused data pages / blocks. The net result is that devices running 4.3 will no longer become sluggish over time.