How Goes Your 4.3 Update?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems confirmed that 4.3 is actually on schedule and rolling out!
How goes your update?
Post any new features you like, bugs you've noticed, etc

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

Alextodd

Reaction score
Couldn't be better! I have felt that my phone is much faster now, but i am consistently loosing Network Signals. Need to restart my phone in order to get them back. Is that a bug?

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Updated mine at 4:00 A.M. roughly, was awaken by buzzing notification from device to grab the update. Took all of 15 minutes and bam, running 4.3 smoothly. Got tired of Sammy keyboard, went ahead and downloaded Google stock version. Only thing that was confusing at 1st was Google Play Store, everything has been moved to the side, honestly don't know why they waited so long to do that, since play music, movies, tv, magazines, everything else employs that U.I.

GVLBob

Reaction score
Mine went smoothly. My phone now has the 21 toggles that non-Verizon phones have had for a bit. And Blocking Mode is fully active. I'll give it a proper test today.

Battery usage seems OK, but I'll need to monitor that some more to be sure. Focusing for the stock Camera app is much quicker.

Now I just need to wait for AWS to come to my area.

NoJolt4u

Reaction score
So far no complaints. Battery is fine. 80% Been using phone since 5:30 am ET. It's 9:43 am ET now. Expected the battery to drop a bit since this was a decent size update. The auto fix on texts takes a little getting used to if you choose to keep it. It's more intuitive. Google play store looks the same for me. Not seeing anything different than I was previously. (jpiarull said his looked different) I feel as if it is running smoother, a little quicker response to touches and wake up time from lock works faster IMO. So far so good I guess.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So far no complaints. Battery is fine. 80% Been using phone since 5:30 am ET. It's 9:43 am ET now. Expected the battery to drop a bit since this was a decent size update. The auto fix on texts takes a little getting used to if you choose to keep it. It's more intuitive. Google play store looks the same for me. Not seeing anything different than I was previously. (jpiarull said his looked different) I feel as if it is running smoother, a little quicker response to touches and wake up time from lock works faster IMO. So far so good I guess.

The Play Store update pushed independently over the last few days so you might have already had the new look. Basically it moved your menu from the bottom menu button to the upper left side like Facebook, G+, Tapatalk 4, etc already had.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

wardo

Reaction score
My battery is draining at a rate of 1% every 2 min...I have cleared partition catch and everything. ..

That sounds abnormal.
Pull the battery for 10 minutes. Do a full drain, then full charge. Go from there. Maybe a few new apps are running. If I run chrome or Google+my battery tanks

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My battery is draining at a rate of 1% every 2 min...I have cleared partition catch and everything. ..

Sounds like something went rogue.
I use Watch Dog Lite after an update to check for abnormal cpu usage. It'll help you find what's causing the drain and let you manage it. Even without an update, my Maps app goes rogue every now and then.
I'd also check your gps settings and other background battery users.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode (Notetoo)

NoJolt4u

Reaction score
The Play Store update pushed independently over the last few days so you might have already had the new look. Basically it moved your menu from the bottom menu button to the upper left side like Facebook, G+, Tapatalk 4, etc already had.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Ahhhhh ok, now I see the change. To be honest, I don't think I've ever used the menus. Just the search

NoJolt4u

Reaction score
Battery at 75% as of 10:40 am ET. So averaging 5% drain per hour with moderate use. I see no noticeable change in battery life.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Battery at 75% as of 10:40 am ET. So averaging 5% drain per hour with moderate use. I see no noticeable change in battery life.
Actually doing a bit better, averaging about 3% drain over 7 1/2 hours of usage (was at 38% before the update occurred, this is after update uptime constant), before update was at 5% loss/hour, getting 30 hours+ on a charge, should be roughly day-and-a-half charge cycles based on my usage.

NoJolt4u

Reaction score

12:20 pm ET 71% battery. I don't think the update hurt my battery life at all.