Samsung Galaxy S4 for Verizon Now Getting Android 4.3 Update

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Android-4.3-update-notification.png

We have been seeing reports filter in over the last couple of days that the Android 4.3 update is rolling out to the Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy S4. Besides the obvious upgrade to the newest released version of Android, this update brings some bug fixes and several new (or improved) features as well. For example, it includes,
  • Support for Samsung’s Galaxy Gear smartwatch
  • Support for a new LTE band
  • Blocking Mode is now available and so is the Samsung KNOX solution
The update is 330MB in size and will bring your device up to version VRUEMJ7. Sound off if you have received your Android 4.3 update yet.

Image Credit: UnWiredView

carR1050

Reaction score
Wondering If I should update?

Does anyone know if FoxFi will work with this new 4.3 update?

chris79

Reaction score
What is blocking mode and all these shields about updating knox policy and accessing parts of my phone?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if FoxFi will work with this new 4.3 update?

NOPE. I have not purchased the app because of the constant fights between the OTA updates and the app itself. Foxfi has been blocked again for a while :(

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
What is blocking mode and all these shields about updating knox policy and accessing parts of my phone?

They've been popping up every few minutes since the update! Really ticking me off. Already have a ticket at Verizon. Level 2 tech has no idea why we are getting these nuisance notifications. Sucks!

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
This is the annoying notification I'm getting literally every few minutes since I upgraded last night:
yte5ury2.jpg

Reaction score
That security notice, are you updating the policy when it pops up? I have no had that error with mine at the moment. The keyboard is completely screwed up for me, well more like the personal dictionary. All my words are gone and auto correct has not been kind to me lol

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
That security notice, are you updating the policy when it pops up? I have no had that error with mine at the moment. The keyboard is completely screwed up for me, well more like the personal dictionary. All my words are gone and auto correct has not been kind to me lol

Yes I've selected Update Policy every single time but then get a notification saying that I already have the latest installed! Then it repeats again in a few minutes. It's effed up!

Bowtie

Reaction score
I got it last night, two of the biggest things I have noticed are apps crashing and force closing and my music player keeps turning on, I don't have any music on my phone.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Blocking mode lets you set a time frame that the phone will not sound notifications, ring or flash the LED or any of those combinations. I have an NFC tag on my night stand that enables blocking mode during my sleeping hours. I don't want to get woken up when I get an e-mail or something. I do allow phone calls in case of a family emergency and they are trying to get a hold of me. It doesn't stop you from sending or receiving stuff, you just don't get bugged with sounds or lights. The NFC tag also turns it off when you touch it a 2nd time. I do it like that because the notification never goes away from the notification area. I wish it only displayed during the times I have set for it to be active, but nope.

As for Knox, it could be software on the phone is doing stuff that is tripping it. Maybe a malware type app or something along those lines. Honestly, if you call tech support they are just going to tell you to do a full wipe. if you are rooted, you can backup your stuff, if not, use Helium off the app store. Some people don't like it, but it does backup apps and their data without root. Do a full restore on your phone and start over. If you get prompted rigtht away, something is wrong. IF you get it after installing a certain app, you know the app is the likely cause.

I got it last night, two of the biggest things I have noticed are apps crashing and force closing and my music player keeps turning on, I don't have any music on my phone.

My Note 3 would start playing music too randomly until I found a single audio file that Samsung put on my phone. It was on the internal storage and once I removed it, it stopped happening.

Bowtie

Reaction score
So after digging into the music part of this, I have determined that it has something to do with the Samsung Hub app and it is pulling the music from the net, because it keeps playing 30 seconds from every track of a Blake Shelton cd, and I don't own or listen to country music.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now does the S4 have the real knox security suite or the same nonsense that the note3 has?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm getting the following every time I check to see if any update is available. Anybody?

yqute2a8.jpg