How do you fill your home pages and extend battery life

moreyos

Reaction score
I'm running Fission on my D2G and I like how there are only 5 pages instead of 7 that come stock. However I still have no use for 2 of these pages. Just wondering how you guys fill your pages.

Starting from left to right...

Power control widget
Calender widget, 4 app shortcuts
News widget, HTC Clock/weather widget, 4 app shortcuts
Google search bar, 9 app shortcuts, 1 contact messaging shortcut
Memo widget

Also, my battery life still sucks. I heard that running widgets is a big waste of battery. Would any of you say that I'm overdoing it on widgets or that would cause my battery life to suffer?

I get about an hour or so per 10% battery life. I'm not a heavy user like I do not play games every day or browse the web. I also don't talk on the phone that much. They honestly have no effect on my battery life because it sucks regardless of surfing the web or playing a game. I use my phone a lot for text messaging and I am one of those people to pull my phone out of my pocket every few minutes and just hit the power button to see if I have any texts. If I do I reply but if not the screen goes back off and I don't use it. Also on max battery saver mode.

I'm about to drop Fission and go back to stock because it hasn't changed anything for me in terms of battery. Possibly going to put Liberty rom on with Romer to see if that helps my battery life any.

So what do you guys all do with your home pages and how is your battery life as a result?

leobg

Reaction score
I use stock launcher and stock ROM. 1st (leftmost) screen I have world clock only, second - Moto status widget and social networking widgets, third one I have 3x2 moto picture widget and a bunch of shortcuts to frequent apps I use (8 of them - 2 empty 1x1 slots), 4th one (middle) I have 4x1 beautiful widgets weather, messaging count widget, profiles widget, circle battery widget and the rest is filled up with shortcuts to apps and contacts, 5th screen has 4x1 power control widget at top, 4x1 PowerAMP widget and 4x1 xiiaLive (online radio) widget as well as 2x1 battery diviner widget and 2x1 droid overclock widget (full screen). 6th screen I have calendar widget with agenda from TouchDown. 7th is empty.
With this setup and Touchdown set to sync push+pull every 5 mins (to keep push working) between 8am and 10:30pm, status widgets are always on, connection is 3G all the time, location/GPS and data sync are enabled all the time. I have extended (original 1860mAh Moto battery) and with above settings with light use I get down to 40-50% battery, heavier use - 5-20% before I go to bed and put the phone on the charging dock. That makes it like 16-17 hours runtime. Stock battery was about 12-13 hours with same setup before 5% hits.
I saw noticeable improvement in battery life after updating from 2.4.29 to 2.4.330.
Advice to Fission users - your rom is 2.4.29 based, switch to Angels' or Phenom if you want to get better battery life and you don't like BLUR.

Reaction score
I have two home screens, the first has a bunch of power widgets that I never use, and the second, default, has shortcuts to txt, gmail, dialer, and contacts. Oh, and the default also has a text widget that displays the day, date, and weather... but it's pretty useless, other than cosmetically looking neat. I get through the day with moderate usage without any problem. Widgets that retrieve data will suck battery.

rusty815

Reaction score
I like to use a bunch of widgets on my home screens, I have 5, starting from the left I have the facebook widget and the engadget widget, the next home screen has 5 quick contacts widgets (its one k of the motorola widgets), then its my main home screen with fancy widget pro and about 15 shortcuts to all my main apps (i have adw launcher ex set up with 5 rows and 5 columns to maximize space), then I have my calender widget taking up an entire home screen, then on the last one I have three power control widget, the music widget, the droid overclock widget, and the my verizon widget. While using all these widgets I still get 15-20 hours of normal usage.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
I get less than 10% battery depletion per hour even when I'm listening to music all day.

My home screens are: games, useful real world apps (calc, navigation, calendar, etc), home screen (battery indicator, teslaLED widget, music widget), phone tools (root explorer, setCPU, TiBU, etc), and fun apps that aren't really games or don't fit into any of the other categories (lightsaber, shootme, etc).