Panda Home/DROID Battery Tips?

Mesomorphman

Reaction score
Hey guys:

New here, and just have a quick question... I am running Panda Home and am wondering what I can do to optimize battery life. Therefore, I was wondering what I could do in my default home page to minimize its impact on the battery. Does having shortcuts drain battery? Not just widgets, but the shortcuts also. Is there some way to make it so that the default home screen does not load? Any help would be appreciated, and I appreciate the help.

Reaction score
When you mean default screen, I am assuming you mean the home screen. you could always make a blank screen and set it as your home screen. Just do not put anything on it.

JayMonster

Reaction score
1. No, shortcuts do not use battery life.

2. Widgets do. I do not use a home alternative, however, I have read many instances where people report switching back to their original home screen and removing the widgets they have installed there, then switching to their alternative home. Apparently if you had widgets on your original desktop, they are still running and thus if you also put them on your new home, they are essentially running twice, and eating double the amount of battery. (according to what I have read, again I do not use these myself).