How do you enable tethe?ring on Droid? What am I missing

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
wait so ur paying 30 for using the droid and then an extra 30 for tethering?

The $30 unlimited data plan for the droid does not cover tethering....Period.

The tethering plan has not been released for the Droid. Rumored to be sometime in Jan.

Paying $30 for PDAnet is for the PDAnet program only, If VZW catches on to you tethering without a Plan, You could be charged for all data.

jonbar87

Reaction score

The tethering plan has not been released for the Droid. Rumored to be sometime in Jan.

Paying $30 for PDAnet is for the PDAnet program only, If VZW catches on to you tethering without a Plan, You could be charged for all data.

Pisses me off so bad that we PAY for an "unlimited" data plan WITHOUT a cheaper/downgrade data option, but as soon as you try and actually use that "unlimited" bandwidth (we all know it's hard to use a lot of bandwidth with our phones) then you're going against the rules. RIDICULOUS.

jtludwig

Reaction score

Once again, another thread where someone says that we will be charged $$$ if we are caught. This comes up all the time, yet we never hear from anyone that has actually ever been "caught".

daddyd302

Reaction score
If you keep it under 5G, I think you most likely won't be caught. If you go over then Verizon will be looking into this and you'll be in BIG trouble. I'm assuming Verizon is doing this to prevent people who tether from hogging all the bandwidth. If this is true, then Verizon has every right to do this as they don't want the wrath of most customers who will never tethering and want constant connections to the web and their service.