looking for advice

pentacube

Reaction score
Hey all, im brand new here as you can see. I have a rooted droid 2 with froyo at the moment but I am very interested in going with liberty. I am brand new to this and have reservations. I understand I would have to use a gingerbread rom and then go to liberty from there? The problem is I use wireless tethering pretty regularly. Is it still the case that wireless tething no longer works on gingerbread? Just looking for general advice here, thanks all.

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
Hey all, im brand new here as you can see. I have a rooted droid 2 with froyo at the moment but I am very interested in going with liberty. I am brand new to this and have reservations. I understand I would have to use a gingerbread rom and then go to liberty from there? The problem is I use wireless tethering pretty regularly. Is it still the case that wireless tething no longer works on gingerbread? Just looking for general advice here, thanks all.

WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.0-pre14 *** EXPERIMENTAL ***

Has worked for me on every GB rom including the leak, although on the leak the official Verizon Hot-Spot app ran simultaneously as well. I can't really give much more insight as I don't hardly ever tether anymore, and am always using wifi instead.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to check off your device in the wifi tether settings. That's What makes it work for me, the rare times I use it.

Droid 2 zombiestomped v1.71