How do you charge?

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Should you charge the Razr Maxx when it's on or off? Or, does it really matter?

When charging when it's off, how do you know what level you are at? Every time I tap the power key, hoping just to see the battery display, it fires up. Too bad, it doesn't flash a small light letting you know it's taking a charge.

Thank you.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tap the volume down button to see the battery level when off.

And it depends. I'll charge it when on when I need to be available for calls or texts, but I'll turn it off and charge it at night. I believe its better to have it off...

HankB

Reaction score
I leave mine on when it charges. I can only imagine turning it off if I didn't want to be bothered by incoming calls etc. If that were the case, I probably wouldn't care what the charge level was at.

Unless the screen is on during charging, I doubt that turning it off makes the charge process much quicker.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Moving this thread to the Smartphone Battery Discussion forum as it specifically pertains to batteries and charging of same. A permalink will remain here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Charging when the power is off will not decrease the charging time-frame by much if at all, but what it will do is assure a full saturation charge to 100%, and proper setting of the "full" flag for the meter system. By charging with power off, the phone isn't using power (parasitic load) and thereby confusing the meter and causing it to incorrectly decide when the battery had reached a full charge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Last edited: