Droid X2 Battery Drop-Off

Ephrum

Reaction score
Today I was very lightly using my Droid X2 and put it into sleep mode to save battery and because of my recurring problem. My phone was in sleep for about 3 hours and when I pulled it out of sleep mode to use the browser, a battery widget I have displayed a 90% charge. After less than 5 minutes of using the browser, I returned to the homescreen to find that the widget now said 49% battery. Less than 10 seconds after that, the 5% battery warning message popped up for a split second then my phone powered off.

This has been happening every now and then lately. I use my phone until 15% battery then I let it charge overnight all the way to 100%. I should also note that about a half hour after my phone powered off today, I turned it back on and my widget displayed a 70% battery level.

Any ideas on what could be causing the random battery drop-offs? I know that can't be the actual percentage because after I restart my phone when it powers down from low battery, it shows a normal battery level again.

I also should mention that I looked into my battery consumption right before my phone shut off today and it said phone idle was at 80%. Is it normal for idle to use that much battery?

Sorry about the sloppy formatting but any answers are greatly appreciated!