100% to 90% battery charge in a SNAP!

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Are razr/ razr maxx users really experiencing reception problems after ics.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

When I first upgraded to ICS I did have some hand off issues between 3G and 4G. It seemed like I was in 3G a whole lot more often then I used to be. I intalled the .215 leak and have not had any issues since.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I should also note, that since the conversion to ICS I have run into some battery problems. Initially everything was fine and then my battery started to drain like no tomorrow. I did a FDR and it didn't help the first time (all of my apps automatically reinstalled). So I did another FDR but chose which apps I wanted to reinstall on the second pass. A couple battery conditioning attempts and I'm back to great battery life on my Razr. I believe I had an app that didn't play well with ICS but I couldn't figure out which one it was.

Beckeramos

Reaction score
rkirk said:
Sorry I haven't replied earlier as I stated I have had some issues with the razor after the ics update. I just got my new phone yesterday fedex, got it going last night and have done a few things on it this morning battery is lasting very good so far as well as full 4g signal all morning 45 miles to work from the house. the other phone after the update could hardly get signal and battery kept dying constantly I had to keep it on the charger just to keep it on. Not sure what others think but I'm convinced i had the signal and battery problems from the ics update. VZW sent me the razr max with ics already installed and so far its working great.

? Did vzw give you another phone because of your problems with ics? And was it new and not pre owned?

rkirk

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
razr maxx
Yup VZW sent me, well I'll say a razr maxx, maybe new... maybe refurb. It came in fedex box and not in a new cell phone box. So my first thought was that it is a refurb and probably is. However, I'll say it looks brand new and running great so i guess who cares.... right. Just flashed the .215 leak and seems about the same. Does have chrome, like others have stated. I've always been a Firefox fan, but i like this too.

rkirk

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
razr maxx
I want to root this now and try the eclipse rom. Reading through several other threads right now to learn how. All of this is new to me. Kind of addicting too. How much more can i do...

rkirk

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
razr maxx
pc747 said:
Are razr/ razr maxx users really experiencing reception problems after ics.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I did, i had reception and battery problems after the upgrade. Before getting the new phone the battery only lasted about an hour. That was not hardly doing anything with it either. Reception kept going in and out all day.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
While I agree that FoxKat is the man on battery related stuff.... he's also knowledgeable about a lot of other things... so why pigeon hole him to just batteries???? :D:cool:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Why thank you, kind sir! Though I am really no different than anyone else. I am sure that everyone out there is excellent at some things and not so good at others. It's the fact that where I may be lacking in knowledge or experience, there are others to take the reins, that makes this community the best it can be. My hats off to all the experts!!

:hail:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I know this thread has gone a bit off-topic...it was a battery thread but has evolved into battery and reception, still I am moving the thread to the Smartphone Battery Discussion forum since that is what the OP was inquiring about. A permanent link to the Droid RAZR forum will remain to make it easy to find again.