ok, weird battery phenomena!

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I have been using my phone a fair amount since early this morning and was down to 40% so i figured i would pop in on the charger over lunch to boost it for the rest of the day. Left it on for about 45min and pulled it off and then it was showing 90% charge and discharging for only 5 minutes, which means it got to 100%. I'm thinking my battery meter is off. Because it shouldn't have charged 60% that quickly, and now it'd down to 80% after ten minutes. Time to foxcat this battery again?

ted1

Reaction score
What is foxcat?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I don't want to speak out of turn but I think FoxKat would say something like this.

Power off the phone and charge it to 100%. Unplug and use the phone until about 15 or 20% and then power off and charge again until 100%.

Then you can return to your normal battery use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Sydman said:
I don't want to speak out of turn but I think FoxKat would say something like this.

Power off the phone and charge it to 100%. Unplug and use the phone until about 15 or 20% and then power off and charge again until 100%.

Yep that's what i was thinking.

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
ted1 said:
What is foxcat?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

I call retraining and calibrating the battery "foxcating" in honor of foxcat the forums battery guru

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
joshxdroid said:
I call retraining and calibrating the battery "foxcating" in honor of foxcat the forums battery guru

Lol. You spelled that wrong! Its FOXKAT! :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
electricman58 said:
Lol. You spelled that wrong! Its FOXKAT! :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Thanks for the correction, i meant no disrespect for the great one foxkat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for the correction, i meant no disrespect for the great one foxkat

No disrespect taken!! I am pleased with all my disciples. You are carrying my word forward, to the masses, so that everyone can enjoy their phones with long-lasting power! :hail:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

You make me proud, Sydman. Just a slight clarification... When doing the "Meter Training", it's imperative that the phone's battery at least reaches the point where the phone signals "Low Battery", since that's the point where the phone sets the "Low Battery" flag. In the Gingerbread OS, that point was 15%, whereas in Ice Cream Sandwich OS, that point is now 10%. There is a prior warning at 15% with ICS, but it's not the large pop-up window you see when it actually tells you to plug in the charger.

So once again;
  • Power off
  • Charge to 100%
  • Power on
  • Use to 15% (Gingerbread), or 10% (ICS)
  • Power off
  • Charge to 100%
  • Power on and use normally until the next training, which should be about every 2 months with the Droid RAZR, and about 3 months with the Droid RAZR MAXX.
:biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have been using my phone a fair amount since early this morning and was down to 40% so i figured i would pop in on the charger over lunch to boost it for the rest of the day. Left it on for about 45min and pulled it off and then it was showing 90% charge and discharging for only 5 minutes, which means it got to 100%. I'm thinking my battery meter is off. Because it shouldn't have charged 60% that quickly, and now it'd down to 80% after ten minutes. Time to foxcat this battery again?

You are right. This is not normal and could put you at risk of a deep-discharged battery and possible bootlooping, White Light of Death, or completely unresponsive to any charge or power button press at all. Nip it in the bud now, before you suffer the potential consequences, and you'll be good to go.

P.S. I am moving this thread to the http://www.droidforums.net/forum/smartphone-battery-discussion/ forum since it's specific to batteries and charging. A link will remain here in the Support forum as well.

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
So once again;

[*]Power off
[*]Charge to 100%
[*]Power on
[*]Use to 15% (Gingerbread), or 10% (ICS)
[*]Power off
[*]Charge to 100%
[*]Power on and use normally until the next training, which should be about every 2 months with the Droid RAZR, and about 3 months with the Droid RAZR MAXX.

:biggrin:

I wonder how many times you've restated this. Lol.

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
You are right. This is not normal and could put you at risk of a deep-discharged battery and possible bootlooping, White Light of Death, or completely unresponsive to any charge or power button press at all. Nip it in the bud now, before you suffer the potential consequences, and you'll be good to go.

So you believe a battery training is the best way to address my issue?

robert70

Reaction score
Hey FoxKat,, I've been looking for the 215 leak,, any idea where I can find it? And how do I install it?

Sent from my wicked sharp razr!

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score