New Quirk--Going from 100% to 90% in 5mins

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
Just recently when my battery says CHARGED and 100% I take it off the charge. 5-10mins later it is already down to 90%. I tried the old power down and power back up...but am I doing something wrong?

What is up with this? dancedroid

DaRkL3AD3R

Reaction score
First off download this widget called BatteryLife by Curvefish. Put it on your homescreen and then click it and hit Settings. In it, click Show Extended Info. Now back out and look at the battery icon.

If the voltage is not 4200+ before you unplug it at 100%, the battery is not fully fully charged. You could be unplugging it just as it peaks over to 100% voltage wise and there was still room to charge it fully.

Also you most likely are doing something pretty intense for those 5-10 minutes. I've had my phone sit idle for about 12 hours at 100% and it would take another 10-15 minutes of real usage to have it hit 90% finally. So something must be wrong.

rastaman

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing as the OP. I figured it was from the screen lighting up, because I most definitely haven't been doing anything intense when it happens.

xliderider

Reaction score
The Battery only reports in increments of 10%. It can be alarming to see your charge drop by 10% in a matter of minutes, but realize it could really be 99%, but the OS drops the meter down to the next level which happens to be 90%. HTH.

dadarkside

Reaction score
First off download this widget called BatteryLife by Curvefish. Put it on your homescreen and then click it and hit Settings. In it, click Show Extended Info. Now back out and look at the battery icon.

If the voltage is not 4200+ before you unplug it at 100%, the battery is not fully fully charged. You could be unplugging it just as it peaks over to 100% voltage wise and there was still room to charge it fully.

Also you most likely are doing something pretty intense for those 5-10 minutes. I've had my phone sit idle for about 12 hours at 100% and it would take another 10-15 minutes of real usage to have it hit 90% finally. So something must be wrong.

Ill cosigner what he said. I've noticed the phone could say 100% but its still not fully charged yet. If you leave it charging for a while (a 1/2 hour maybe) you'll see that the battery lasts longer before it drops down to 90.

alboboy10

Reaction score
My phone does the same I find it weird cause it stays at 90 for a while after....

Another thing I noticed is the phone sucks a lot of battery from 100-60 percent. After that it just seems to take less and less battery as time passes

OP
B

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
I use battery left widget. It shows voltage...so I'll watch that.

Maybe you were right that I was taking it off the charge as soon as it got to "charged". I'll try leaving it on for a little bit longer after is says "charged" and see if I notice a difference. I never like to leave things plugged in too long after they are charged because I know that also it not good.

cgrimm9

Reaction score

Maybe you were right that I was taking it off the charge as soon as it got to "charged". I'll try leaving it on for a little bit longer after is says "charged" and see if I notice a difference. I never like to leave things plugged in too long after they are charged because I know that also it not good.

nothing wrong at leaving things plugged in even if its at a full charge. the battery will not be over charged. I just wish that I got a longer chord then the one I have.

OP
B

bgillyjcu

Reaction score

nothing wrong at leaving things plugged in even if its at a full charge. the battery will not be over charged. I just wish that I got a longer chord then the one I have.

The cord is WAY too short. What were they thinking? At least give me a 4 ft cord. That thing is like 2ft!

rastaman

Reaction score

The cord is WAY too short. What were they thinking? At least give me a 4 ft cord. That thing is like 2ft!

I have a battery/power widget (I forget which one) that shows me %age, voltage... all kinds of data.

The car chargers are always way too short nowadays!!!!! Freaking annoying, cheap bastards saved .03cents on wire.