1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How do i stop the update msg?

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by yummybacon, Nov 4, 2012.

1. yummybacon

yummybacon New Member

I have a rooted Droid Bionic running system version 5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US and Android Version 2.3.4,Since the root my phone has a update that pops up every 12 hrs it says 5.9.905.en.US is ready to install. I have es file explorer installed but I'm not sure what to delete. I sure could use a hand and is there a good tutorial on the how to's using es file explorer.
    Your help is very much appreciated
  2. ldubs

ldubs New Member

Mmm, Bacon. Um you want this upgrade. Your phone is now 2 updates behind. You want to go to 905 and then up to ics from there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  3. bbucks36

bbucks36 New Member

if your cool with .902 which in my opinion blows ass. get root explorer or astro file explorer. then navigate system>app>com.motorola.blur.updater.apk remane this to com.motorola.blur.updater.apk.bak
Search tags for this page

how to stop bionic update

stop operating update on bionic