Tried to update bionic to ics....believe that I have bricked it. Help me please!!

rhampton7777

Reaction score
Well. I'm a novice. I've never rooted my droids, and I really wouldn't have tried to update my husband's bionic to ics, but my Razr received its update today, and I heard it was relatively easy to do the update. "Download the Blur_Version.5.9.905.to.6.7.2233.XT875.Verizon.en.US, save to your SD card, and update it in recovery mode."
I am now on the screen that says "Invalid Flash Mode (S) Boot Failure." This leads me to believe that the file I used to update my bionic was either corrupt, or there is a different issue somewhere. At this point I just want to go back to the original version. Can anyone give me simple instructions on how to fix this? My husband is going to kill me.

Thanks for the advice.

clellisx

Reaction score
Are you able to boot it into recovery and select AP fastboot? If so .......
File most likely corrupt I agree.
Install Motorolla RSD lite 5.7
RSD Lite - Free Download - Tucows Downloads
Install motorolla drivers
USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
Reboot.
Download 902 OTA - newvrz_xt875_5.9.902.xt875.verizon.en.us_cfc_01.xml.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download
Start phone by holding down both volume keys and power. When menu appears use volume down key to select AP Fastboot - then hit volume up key to invoke. Plug phone into PC.
Open RSD - click detect device - browse to the 902 OTA file, select it and click start.

Here's a nice video showing you what to expect.
[video=youtube;z8RTBFeMdso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8RTBFeMdso[/video]

Last edited:
OP
R

rhampton7777

Reaction score
Hello! Thank you for your response. I had been searching for the solution, and had stumbled on this as well. But after downloading the VRZ file, it came back as a corrupted file. :( Thank you for providing a link here, and I will give it a shot and let you know if it let me fix it. Thank you again for taking the time to try to help me. Stephanie