How do I stop the e-mail notification tone every time mail arrives in my in box?

BlueSurf

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I picked up my Razr today and I'm very happy with the purchase. At the Verizon store a Motorola rep set up my google e-mail account. That was very helpful, however, now when I receive any mail my phone makes a tone to alert me. I would like to disconnect that tone and couldn't find anything in the manual. Perhaps its a google thing. can anyone help me? Thank you for your assistance. I'm sure many other folks will find this to be an issue. It will be hard to sleep with a tone every time mail arrives in my in box. Thanks again.
icon_%20lala.gif

Jonas

Reaction score
The RAZR may be different, but generally speaking you will need to go into you settings, and under sounds, you will have a volume set up for your notifications, you can turn that down. The downside to this is it will modify the sound of ALL of your notifications. Or you can go into the Gmail app, and go into settings, and there will be some sort of option to change or silence the notifications. Hope that helps, best of luck!

Deron

Reaction score
Go into your email app itself, select the menu button and start looking through the settings options. There is probably a toggle button or you can choose the notification sound to be "none" or "silent". I do that for my Yahoo Mail and Gmail apps. I like to see the notifications in the window and have the little purple light blink, but don't need it to say "Droid" every time. It draws attention when I'm at work.

Remember that the Razr is using Android 2.3, Gingerbread. So you can turn the notification sound off the same way for any Gingerbread phone.

mister_d

Reaction score
here's what I did

choose the app "email" .. menu button (bottom left) .. email settings .. notifications .. choose account .. select ringtones .. pick "silent"

Deron

Reaction score
Is the sound coming from your generic messages inbox or a specific email app? Check both, if applicable.

There is a way to turn off the sounds just for emails and not text messages. Don't disable alerts in your sound settings, instead go into the actual email app and disable.

Also go to settings then accounts and see if you can turn it off there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

thefuzz

Reaction score
Advise if it is your gmail account? If so, go to: gmail, settings, select your gmail account, select labels to notify, then pick silent for your inbox. That should do it if it's your gmail account.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Candice112

Reaction score
Turning off Email Notifications

I too picked up my Droid RAZR and have had another DROID in the past so I know how to use them...and I can't seem to find a way to turn off ONLY email notifications. It can't be done through the Gmail settings or the Sound settings. Is there anyone on here with the Razr who has figured this out?

Thanks!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Advise if it is your gmail account? If so, go to: gmail, settings, select your gmail account, select labels to notify, then pick silent for your inbox. That should do it if it's your gmail account.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

+1 :)

Candice112

Reaction score
Thank You!

As a teacher...I am ashamed I didn't read more carefully! That did it. Thank you so much.

giribabu

Reaction score
Thanks

here's what I did

choose the app "email" .. menu button (bottom left) .. email settings .. notifications .. choose account .. select ringtones .. pick "silent"

This was easiest way to get rid. Thank you.