How do I delete an e-mail account

tmal2

Reaction score
I've searched every setting I can find and can't figure out how to delete an e-mail account I've set up using the default e-mail client. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

rherron

Reaction score
Delete it from Google or just remove it from your phone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've searched every setting I can find and can't figure out how to delete an e-mail account I've set up using the default e-mail client. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Go to your home screen for the phone, select the menu button, choose Settings (forgot this in the original reply - DUH!!!), then select Accounts, then you'll see a list of accounts that you have authorized - one will be the email account. Select that account and on that screen is a button to remove.

Good luck! ;)

Last edited:
OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score
Go to your home screen for the phone, select the menu button, then select Accounts, then you'll see a list of accounts that you have authorized - one will be the email account. Select that account and on that screen is a button to remove.

Good luck! ;)

DUH!!! I should have known that. Thanks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
DUH!!! I should have known that. Thanks

Duh is not allowed here! (LOL!) The unlimited number of variables these phones thrust into our lives gives us plenty of handicap. Believe me, there is not ONE person in this entire forum, or for that matter on all forums combined who knows EVERY little detail of these phones, and even if there were, the moment a new ROM is created, they too are behind the 8-ball again.

Glad to be of service, and don't forget to "like" those posts you feel were helpful. ;)

P.S. Look at my initial reply to you, to see that I too am a DUH!!! every once in a while! :blink:

Last edited:

arcticthundermi

Reaction score
Check this out, I deleted both of my yahoo mail accounts and the stupid thing STILL keeps checking and updating the mail from both accounts. So I went in and changed the passwords on the yahoo accounts. Wonder how long it will keep telling me that the login failed? :angry: