Strange e-mail problem

tmal2

Reaction score
I've got 2 e-mail accounts set up on my Maxx using the standard e-mail client. The primary account is my Verizon FIOS account. The second account is a yahoo account. My Verizon account is working just fine but my Yahoo account is acting up. First off, it takes a very long time to check for new mail. When there is new mail sometimes it shows the mail and sometimes it does not. I have one e-mail that was sent 20 hours ago and I still have not gotten it on my phone but when I checked the account through yahoo.com it was there.

If I were not getting any e-mails I would think something is not set up right but there are a few coming through. I've accessed this account on my original Droid and Thunderbolt using the standard e-mail clients without issues.

Anyone else had this problem?

OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score
Problem solved I think. Just got off the phone with Verizon. They had me go into the data manager and set global data roaming access to "allow access for all trips". The e-mail program now refreshes much faster and test e-mails I've sent myself are now coming through.

One thing I have noticed is that there is no way to have the e-mail program automatically check for mail when I open it or have the ability to show the inbox from both accounts on one screen. My Thunderbolt did both of these things and I guess I've gotten used to it.

dzmikly

Reaction score
K-9 Mail

Try K-9

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

K-9 mail solved my issue with an exchange email client, thank you.
I did not see an option within the settings to enlarge the text size...are you aware of any?

Thank you