2-Step Verification Problem

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Okay, so for the safety of my Google e-mail account, I chose the 2-step verification option. This option is basically used to have more security for your e-mail account. For your own computer, you make that one your trusted computer. I have loaded the Code Generator on my phone which in turn would give me a code to use whenever I want to sign into my e-mail using a public computer. All I have to do is check the code number and add it after typing in my password. Now, the Code Generator constantly updates itself and gives you new access codes every time. So, when you are given a number, you only have so much time before you are given another one. Well, so far this has worked. I use both my laptop and Droid phone to access my e-mail. However, there is a problem. The e-mail that is hooked up to my phone is not working. It can't sync itself. So, I no longer get e-mail from two different sources on my phone, but only one. The e-mail connected to my phone says this:

[email protected]

"You're account ****@****.com could not be authenticated. If you have recently changed your e-mail password, please enter the most current password in settings to continue to receiving e-mails."
I do that and it still doesn't work! So, I'm stuck with just an e-mail app that I had to get.
Would it be a better idea to just get rid of the two-step verification? I want my phone to be able to recognize my e-mail. :angry:

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
I guess this must have been answered before. I guess I'm probably better off just getting rid of the 2-step verification. It's just causing more trouble than it's worth.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Did you try login to Google on Web.. Settings then accounts /security.. Maybe check connected applications and sites.. Manage access.. Just a thought..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
I just changed my password on my computer and when it notified me to change my password on my phone, it said, "To access your account, you must sign in on the web. Touch Next to start Browser sign in." Now, that is a problem. I mean, I can't just rely on my e-mail from the web. Why can't it work to sign in on my phone? Also when I updated my mobile information on my phone it said, "Authentication failed due to Application Level Security was enabled for your Google Account. Please enter in that password." And then when I typed in that security code it said, "The password and username you entered did not authenticate with your email provider. Please try again."

Man, this 2-step is a pain in the 2-step arse! :angry:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hmm something definitely weird.. I got the sign in from Web on phone originally.. Text sent to me with code and once I authorized phone check off trust this computer (phone) it let me login to Google playstore and doesn't ask any more.. You have one google account only used for phone and general correct?

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

civicsiracer06

Reaction score
I had this problem myself. You actually have to create a application specific password on your desktop and use that as your password when logging in. I use Google Chrome on my desktop. When I activated 2-step verification, it required me to input a password. I then created an application specific password JUST for Google Chrome for my desktop computer. Once I put in the password it generated for me, I never have to log in again. If you logout; however, you will have to use that password again or create another one in the security settings of your G-Mail account

bocabean

Reaction score
Keep a copy of all the application specific passwords that Chrome creates from the desktop browser. Just copy and paste them to a safe place such as a notepad, word document or spreadsheet (making note of what each application password pertains to, of course).

It may be a pain in the but to have to type in the long string of characters, however once it is set up, you should be all set on the device. Then in the future, should you ever have to reset your phone pw, you just need to go to the document where you saved the app specific pw's.

No need to have to memorize it, as long as the pw doc is available. BTW, make sure you pw protect the doc, especially if you keep it in the cloud.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Hmm something definitely weird.. I got the sign in from Web on phone originally.. Text sent to me with code and once I authorized phone check off trust this computer (phone) it let me login to Google playstore and doesn't ask any more.. You have one google account only used for phone and general correct?

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

Exactly. Just one.