How do I root gingerbread?

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
So, I'm trying to figure this out on my own... Some what.

Do I boot into recovery and use this to get back to 2.2.2? DX2 SBF and RSD Lite 5.3.1 with Drivers

Because You're Very New To This Use My Post Here, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-hacks/156070-sbf-file-rsd-lite-drivers-instructions.html.

Make Sure To Factory Reset After The SBF.

Reboot Activate The Phone Make Sure You Can Make A Call And Have 3G.

Install The Root Exploit.
(Gingerbreak)

Install The Recovery After Rooting.

Reboot Into Recovery And Flash The Pre-Rooted Gingerbread.
(If Needed Link Below)

Pre-Rooted Gingerbread 2.3.3 DroidX2.zip

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I'm downloading all the files right now. I'll get back to you later and let you know how everything went. dancedroid

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I'm downloading all the files right now. I'll get back to you later and let you know how everything went. dancedroid

You are talking to the right guy. Mikey helped me understand a few things. He is very thorough and helpful.

BIG PROPS AND THANKS OUT TO MIKE FOR ALL THE HELP HE HAS PROVIDED ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE IN THESE FORUMS TO ALL US NOOBS. its nice to have people like you all who are willing to take the time to educate others. I hope one day I will be able to do the same for others

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
Well, I have bad news and I have good news.

The bad news is my phone is stuck in an infinite boot loop. The good news is if I can't fix it I'll just pick up a brand new one tomorrow using my best buy warranty.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score

The bad news is my phone is stuck in an infinite boot loop. The good news is if I can't fix it I'll just pick up a brand new one tomorrow using my best buy warranty.

Battery Pull For 30 Seconds, Then Go Into Stock Recovery And Do A Factory Reset Again. That Doesn't Work Reflash The SBF Again.

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score

Battery Pull For 30 Seconds, Then Go Into Stock Recovery And Do A Factory Reset Again. That Doesn't Work Reflash The SBF Again.

How do you get to stock recovery? Power button and volume up rocker?

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Try a battery pulled. Thar happens to some I hear and battery pull fixes

Edit I was thinking of the preroot ginger download

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score

How do you get to stock recovery? Power button and volume up rocker?

Power And Hold Volume Down, You'll See Fastboot Keep Hitting Down Until You See Android Recovery, Then Push The Up Volume Then Both Up And Down At The Same Time When The Triangle Appears.

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
Got it, its going to work now.

Lets try this a second time. :D

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
Well, I'm doing good so far. The stock recovery thing put me back on 2.2.2

I'm just waiting for my phone to finish downloading terms for the terms and conditions and I will be rooting and using P3droid.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Well, I'm doing good so far. The stock recovery thing put me back on 2.2.2

I'm just waiting for my phone to finish downloading terms for the terms and conditions and I will be rooting and using P3droid.

Great, Just Make Sure Before You Use His Update You're Activated.

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
I got to reactivate the phone?

Stupid CDMA...