How do I root gingerbread?

Reaction score
Something is wrong. If you used P3droid's method of updating your system then it shouldn't be prompting you for an update at all.

ARE YOU SURE that you are running 2.3.3 and that you are running the pre-rooted version and not the stock update?

Also when you did this update did you clear caches/factory reset? If you failed to do that you can get weird results.

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
99 cents. :|
I would like to use TiBu though.

I just rebooted my phone and you know how when it starts up it says at the bottom "Blah blah blah has been granted super user access"? Well it said TiBu has been granted super user access, but still no go.

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
Something is wrong. If you used P3droid's method of updating your system then it shouldn't be prompting you for an update at all.

ARE YOU SURE that you are running 2.3.3 and that you are running the pre-rooted version and not the stock update?

Also when you did this update did you clear caches/factory reset? If you failed to do that you can get weird results.

I didn't do a factory reset because I wasn't too sure of how to back up my contacts... But I know that I AM on 2.3.3

Although I think I backed up everything while in recovery mode. I clicked back up something and I chose my SD card and it did a backup for like 20 minutes.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score

I didn't do a factory reset because I wasn't too sure of how to back up my contacts... But I know that I AM on 2.3.3

Although I think I backed up everything while in recovery mode. I clicked back up something and I chose my SD card and it did a backup for like 20 minutes.

Download MyBackup Root Free In The Market, Backup Your Contacts Then Do A Factory Reset.

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
Then what? Do I root again then install recovery and repeat?

Will my sd card be affected by a factory reset?

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
So I would be in 2.3.3 after a factory reset?
I'm kind of confused, sorry.

Would I still be rooted?

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
I'm really confused right now. I'm just trying to do a factory reset and so I can reinstall P3droid without any problems.