New Official 2.3.4

billmcg

Reaction score
Here is another question... What are people using as a root manager for their phone? Titanium? new to rooting and I'm trying to find a app for freezing ect. Suggestions? :D

I don't know I'd call Titanium a root manager, but it is a good program for anyone that is going to be doing any sort of messing about with the phone other than just a normal end user typical use...
I would call it invaluable. It has helped me restore several phones with the flawless backup, and the freeze/unfreeze features work great for the issues we have with the X2....
i would say it is a good program and worth the price, a must for any tweaker...

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I don't know I'd call Titanium a root manager, but it is a good program for anyone that is going to be doing any sort of messing about with the phone other than just a normal end user typical use...
I would call it invaluable. It has helped me restore several phones with the flawless backup, and the freeze/unfreeze features work great for the issues we have with the X2....
i would say it is a good program and worth the price, a must for any tweaker...

It Has Got To Be The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread. I Completely Agree That I Never Have To Worry About Apps Or Data Loss Between Flashing. Definitely A Great Price And I'm Very Surprised How Cheap It Is. I Got The $6 Or $7 Out Of It On The First Backup And Restore.

zakky12

Reaction score
I got the update from verizon to update to 2.3.4

I originally had 2.3.3 that was rooted. I used pete's root kit to root the 2.3.3.

Now that i'm updated, it seems that i can't root using pete's root kit, even though there was another forum that said you can.

i think i get to step 3 of the root process, and it just fails, saying that i might have gingerbread that might have the fix for this exploit.

anyone else having this issue or has rooted the offical 2.3.4?
thanks.

use the one for windows 7, it rooted mine.

jaflora

Reaction score
I received the OTA update to 2.3.4 on my Droid X2 today about an hour ago. It was rooted and afterwards root access was gone. I ran the Droid 3 easy root script v7 referenced above. It does work.

Here's a link for what you need.

Enjoy!

03civicdx

Reaction score
I got 2498 running the liberty rom.

Sent from my liberated X2.