How do I root gingerbread?

RileyD

Reaction score
How do I root 2.3.3? I had 2.2.2 rooted and I used that pre-rooted gingerbread method to get to 2.3.3, but I can't do anything about rooting it, or using apps that require superuser.

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
You flashed pre rooted gingerbread and you have no root?

DX2T

I believe so, I installed recovery and installed the pre-root version through recovery and now I'm running 2.3.3.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
How do I root 2.3.3? I had 2.2.2 rooted and I used that pre-rooted gingerbread method to get to 2.3.3, but I can't do anything about rooting it, or using apps that require superuser.

Try Downloading Superuser From The Market Or Uninstall Then Reinstall The App.

xgrinder911

Reaction score
I would check to make sure what you downloaded and flashed was P3droids gingerbread and if problems persist just sbf and flash again

DX2T

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
I would check to make sure what you downloaded and flashed was P3droids gingerbread and if problems persist just sbf and flash again

DX2T

hmm, whats sbf mean? I hate to sound noobish.

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
Aha, just kidding I have super user access. Its just TI thats not letting me get superuser access. Why is this?

xgrinder911

Reaction score
Check in superuser n if its there just tell it to forget it n reopen TiBu
Or what Mikey said:D

DX2T

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
I'm reinstalling TiBu right now.

Also, my phone keeps bugging me to update to gingerbread, but obviously I already am, I clicked update just to make it shut up and it failed, now every 5 minutes it tells me that it failed. How do I make that go away?

Edit: Root access for Titanium Backup still failed. :|

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I'm reinstalling TiBu right now.

Also, my phone keeps bugging me to update to gingerbread, but obviously I already am, I clicked update just to make it shut up and it failed, now every 5 minutes it tells me that it failed. How do I make that go away?

Edit: Root access for Titanium Backup still failed. :|

Freeze The Updater And Fota Inside TiBu.

OP
R

RileyD

Reaction score
Well, I'm still unable to use TiBu.
The super user screen even comes up and asks me if I give permission or not and all that crap, but it still says root access failed in TiBu.