How do I restore to FULL ICS Stock?

xmguy

Reaction score
I have to send my Razr Maxx back to VZW because of headphone jack shorting out. I've got the OTA/Leak ICS 6.16.211 update. I know there is no Fastboot files now. I'm not sure if the RazrUtility 1.7 can restore to stock ICS anyway. I've made loads of changes to the file system in an attempt to keep the "old market" (pre-movies, books and music). So is there a way I can restore to GB with a system only file then upgrade again to ICS. I know the Kernel won't change. I'm just looking for the best way to avoid having to manually restore and unroot the entire phone. I don't care if it's running ICS or GB when it goes back. It just needs to be fully stock. Any info is welcomed.

Thanks!

dominikb76

Reaction score
I have to send my Razr Maxx back to VZW because of headphone jack shorting out. I've got the OTA/Leak ICS 6.16.211 update. I know there is no Fastboot files now. I'm not sure if the RazrUtility 1.7 can restore to stock ICS anyway. I've made loads of changes to the file system in an attempt to keep the "old market" (pre-movies, books and music). So is there a way I can restore to GB with a system only file then upgrade again to ICS. I know the Kernel won't change. I'm just looking for the best way to avoid having to manually restore and unroot the entire phone. I don't care if it's running ICS or GB when it goes back. It just needs to be fully stock. Any info is welcomed.

Thanks!

What I would suggest doing is a Factory Reset. I was in the same boat as you and needed to send back my RAZR because my left hand side of the screen stopped working. I had all sorts of tweaks on the phone. I was scared to Factory Restore from the settings because I thought that it would get bricked but it worked like a charm ! I have received my second Droid RAZR and now I'm re-downloading the ICS files so I could be back in the 6.16.211 group ;)

Let me know how it worked out.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
What I would suggest doing is a Factory Reset. I was in the same boat as you and needed to send back my RAZR because my left hand side of the screen stopped working. I had all sorts of tweaks on the phone. I was scared to Factory Restore from the settings because I thought that it would get bricked but it worked like a charm ! I have received my second Droid RAZR and now I'm re-downloading the ICS files so I could be back in the 6.16.211 group ;)

Let me know how it worked out.

That's what I did too. I had to un .bak the Market files I blocked. Then unroot. Then I used the Factory Restore option. Not as clean as a FXZ but it will do.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic... out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

dominikb76

Reaction score
That's what I did too. I had to un .bak the Market files I blocked. Then unroot. Then I used the Factory Restore option. Not as clean as a FXZ but it will do.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic... out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

But the things that I don't understand is what you did to the market? Was there like a hack that you could download all the apps/movies/music for free? Or something else? Because if I would understand that a bit more then I'd for sure be able to help you out better.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
But the things that I don't understand is what you did to the market? Was there like a hack that you could download all the apps/movies/music for free? Or something else? Because if I would understand that a bit more then I'd for sure be able to help you out better.

No I blocked the Market Update apps and installed the old pre-movies, music and books version. Had to do that to prevent the new market from overriding the old version.

dominikb76

Reaction score
xmguy said:
No I blocked the Market Update apps and installed the old pre-movies, music and books version. Had to do that to prevent the new market from overriding the old version.

Oh, well then you could possibly try to go into the phone recovery and try doing a clear data/cache and then that might clear everything.

bwalter86

Reaction score
hey guys i have a simular problem. i have to send my droid razr back. i just got the ics update but i am rooted. i tried the droid razr utility and now i am bricked. i was wondering if there is a ics stock rom i can flash. has anyone seen one around or know what i can do? i got only 3 days left to send it back.
thanks for the help