How to restore to stock GB or ICS with Razr?

xmguy

Reaction score
My headphone jack is messing up with my RAZR so I'm going to have to get a swap. Can I use the RazrTools to restore to stock GB or ICS just as one would do to unbrick or as needed to preinstall the OTA ICS update?

Thanks

leftspin

Reaction score
My headphone jack is messing up with my RAZR so I'm going to have to get a swap. Can I use the RazrTools to restore to stock GB or ICS just as one would do to unbrick or as needed to preinstall the OTA ICS update?

Thanks

Depends on what you're on right now... Some of the ICS leaks (and the OTA I believe) cannot be fastbooted back to stock Gingerbread. If you're on one of the Gingerbread builds like .173, .181 etc then you're okay to fastboot back to stock .181 with the utility.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
leftspin said:
Depends on what you're on right now... Some of the ICS leaks (and the OTA I believe) cannot be fastbooted back to stock Gingerbread. If you're on one of the Gingerbread builds like .173, .181 etc then you're okay to fastboot back to stock .181 with the utility.

I'm running the latest OTA ICS "leak" of .211. I need to beable to revert to stock. Is this possible?

leftspin

Reaction score
I'm running the latest OTA ICS "leak" of .211. I need to beable to revert to stock. Is this possible?

If you're on .211 then you're on the official OTA. In this case you can't fastboot back to GB but you can unroot and do a factory data reset which will put you on plain stock .211

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
leftspin said:
If you're on .211 then you're on the official OTA. In this case you can't fastboot back to GB but you can unroot and do a factory data reset which will put you on plain stock .211

I .bak some system files. Wanted to revert them quicker. So the update is just that, not a fast boot?

leftspin

Reaction score
I .bak some system files. Wanted to revert them quicker. So the update is just that, not a fast boot?

.211 leaked a few days ago but ended up being the official update. Once you're on it, the ability to fastboot back to GB is broken and as far as I know there is no fastboot file for ICS yet.