How do I get my screen to look like this?

zz500

Reaction score
this versions seems a lot more stable at least for me

Technoman

Reaction score
I just installed the second launcher. I got a message saying it was going to replace the other launcher, I said yes. But it looks exactly the same.

This is the link I used:

http://www.alldroid.org/download/file.php?id=1600&sid=7141c059f24781c7f2114fe32a79f00c

Was that not the right one?

Bill, you have the one with the 3 buttons on the bottom. The one that was posted at the very post was the one that did not have the 3 buttons on the bottom. I had been using that one for some time now. It was faster response than this one is, but did not include the soft keys for PHONE, DRAWER, and INTERNET.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just installed the second launcher. I got a message saying it was going to replace the other launcher, I said yes. But it looks exactly the same.

This is the link I used:

http://www.alldroid.org/download/file.php?id=1600&sid=7141c059f24781c7f2114fe32a79f00c

Was that not the right one?

Bill, you have the one with the 3 buttons on the bottom. The one that was posted at the very post was the one that did not have the 3 buttons on the bottom. I had been using that one for some time now. It was faster response than this one is, but did not include the soft keys for PHONE, DRAWER, and INTERNET.

I understand now. Thank you.

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought this was more stable at first as compared to the previous Launcher, but it is just as buggy. And at our blog we had someone install only to have their phone unable to reboot. A factory reset was needed.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought this was more stable at first as compared to the previous Launcher, but it is just as buggy. And at our blog we had someone install only to have their phone unable to reboot. A factory reset was needed.

What do you see it doing that's buggy? I mean it's just sitting there on my screen. :confused:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
2.1 launcher in landscape has always been buggy. Unless by magic its fixed...

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

What do you see it doing that's buggy? I mean it's just sitting there on my screen. :confused:

A ton of force closes. Long presses on the browser and phone button that bring up the 5 mini screens crashes it quite a bit.

It definitely works, but is not anymore stable than the previous Launcher.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah I've read that many times. But I'm not seeing it.

Oh crap, I got to think before I react. I guess maybe best just to uninstall it then?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the launcher worked fine in portrait but landscape had issues with registering touches for selecting next screen, and the app drawer cut off the first row of icons. not to mention lag and FCs

Technoman

Reaction score

Yeah I've read that many times. But I'm not seeing it.

Oh crap, I got to think before I react. I guess maybe best just to uninstall it then?

Bill, like I said I have had the other 2.1 launcher installed for some time now. Rarely FC'd, and no problems like they are saying. Maybe it is a combination of installed APPS and Widgets that is causing the problem. I do not have Beautiful Widgets, there is a 2.1 Weather/News Widget that is in another thread.

tcassio

Reaction score
You can get that look by installing GDE and the HTC skin, and beautiful widgets.

Cutter3

Reaction score
I really want to use this (launcher2.apk), as I love the look, the extra home screens and the 3 soft buttons on the bottom, but it force closes repeatedly, and will not shift into landscape from portrait.

Seems like it has a lot of potential, but right now, it's not going to be occupying space on my phone... :(

mjk

Reaction score
I really want to use this (launcher2.apk), as I love the look, the extra home screens and the 3 soft buttons on the bottom, but it force closes repeatedly, and will not shift into landscape from portrait.

Seems like it has a lot of potential, but right now, it's not going to be occupying space on my phone... :(

I had this launcher on my Droid about a month back or so, but uninstalled it because of force closes. I saw this thread and thought I would give it another go. I got constant FC so I uninstalled again. Too bad because I like the 3 buttons and the extra home screens too, but not worth it.

Cutter3

Reaction score

I had this launcher on my Droid about a month back or so, but uninstalled it because of force closes. I saw this thread and thought I would give it another go. I got constant FC so I uninstalled again. Too bad because I like the 3 buttons and the extra home screens too, but not worth it.

Is this a theme/look that will be introduced in the 2.1 update? I downloaded the gde homescreen, but will return it if this the functionality I'll get for free...