How do I get my screen to look like this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still don't see how you get the buttons on the bottom. I got the Launcher but mine doesn't have the button widget. Where did that come from?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I still don't see how you get the buttons on the bottom. I got the Launcher but mine doesn't have the button widget. Where did that come from?

Matt has 2 different versions, one with what he calls "apps" with HTC style bottom buttons(the one I posted in this thread)) and the "non-app" version that looks like stock 2.1 launcher.

M

Matth3w

if you're rooted there's a metamorph theme called xhero that makes it look similar, but the buttons arent actually functional. they are just one big app drawer launcher
Wow, what a completely pointless mod. :icon_eek:

M

Matth3w

One of the home replacement apps gives you all that in a theme, but I forget which one. Perhaps it was GDE theme or something. I forget. But I definitely saw it in the themes while trying out different home replacements.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Matt has 2 different versions, one with what he calls "apps" with HTC style bottom buttons(the one I posted in this thread)) and the "non-app" version that looks like stock 2.1 launcher.

Well, it appears I got the wrong version. Still pretty nice though, added beautiful widgets as well. Nice to dress up the Droid a bit. :)

zz500

Reaction score
Thanks. Just installed this version of the launcher (the other versions have been FC'ing).

Question -- with these 2.1 launcher apps, should I clear my original home screen to make it run smoother? I notice all of my widgets need to be reloaded. I really like my orig home screen setup and would hate to clear it but if it helps with the FC's then I'd do it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Just installed this version of the launcher (the other versions have been FC'ing).

Question -- with these 2.1 launcher apps, should I clear my original home screen to make it run smoother? I notice all of my widgets need to be reloaded. I really like my orig home screen setup and would hate to clear it but if it helps with the FC's then I'd do it.

There were a couple of widgets that had to be reloaded, but everything stayed in place when I downloaded the version of loader that I got.

zz500

Reaction score
Hmmm. Yeah it's no biggie, just BB and Google news. I was just curious if I could leave my orig hm setup

Technoman

Reaction score
Got it. You just hit the home button. So it's acting as a home replacement and not shockingly it force closed the first time I tried it.

yawn.....

/unintstalled

No force closes here..... been using it for some time now. However, you will not get the buttons at the bottom with just the launcher file. Launcher gives you 5 screens, and the 3D APP drawer and that is all.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got it. You just hit the home button. So it's acting as a home replacement and not shockingly it force closed the first time I tried it.

yawn.....

/unintstalled

No force closes here..... been using it for some time now. However, you will not get the buttons at the bottom with just the launcher file. Launcher gives you 5 screens, and the 3D APP drawer and that is all.

Huh? I thought someone said there were two launcher files. I took the one right off the screen that downloaded right to my phone without using my computer. You're saying there is something else to download?

Technoman

Reaction score
At the bottom of the screen, the phone has three buttons: "^", "phone" and "+". I've seen this sort of configuration many times before on other android phones, how do I get this done on my Droid? Is there an app I need to download? Currently I only have a simple up arrow at the bottom of the screen which opens the full application list. Thanks!

Thats to Matt ( Xeudoxus) over at AllDroid here is the app you need to get a Launcher like that without rooting.

Here is the link for the launcher app..http://www.alldroid.org/download/file.php?id=1600&sid=7141c059f24781c7f2114fe32a79f00c it also has 5 home screens.

You can get Beautiful Widgets on the Market and get the Sense UI skin here .. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ficial-beautiful-widgets-skinning-thread.html

The combination of these 2 apps will give you that look you want, again no root required.

Holy fricking cow... 5 meg for this one. The other Launcher file is no where near this size. What is the difference?

Technoman

Reaction score

yawn.....

/unintstalled

Huh? I thought someone said there were two launcher files. I took the one right off the screen that downloaded right to my phone without using my computer. You're saying there is something else to download?

The one I just posted on is the second one. It is very large.