Applications button has a different look.....

LabShark

Reaction score
On my wife's Droid - her Applications Button has changed from the normal looking arrow box to a wider icon that has dots to scroll the screen left to right as well as icons for browser and phone.

Obviously she changed something but does not how to get it back to the default button.

Are we nuts?

:icon_eek:

OP
L

LabShark

Reaction score
I don't really know what rooted means. :unsure:

What is froyo and the new 2.2. My droid is running 2.1 update 1

Why would her's be different?

sorry - still a newbie. :)

Snoking

Reaction score
You will soon also receive the new 2.2 update (Called Froyo). She has it already! Chris

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't really know what rooted means. :unsure:

What is froyo and the new 2.2. My droid is running 2.1 update 1

Why would her's be different?

sorry - still a newbie. :)

Rooted means having full administater access to your phone. Its a linux term, since Android is linux based.

Froyo is googles internal code name for Android 2.2 the latest version of the Android OS. You are stil on Eclair....Android 2.1.

The reason hers is different is because they changed the look a little with the OTA(over the air) update. She got the update before you is all. It is rolled out randomly and you will get the same soon. Don't worry she did nothing wrong.

OP
L

LabShark

Reaction score
Wow - thanks for all the help!

Another silly question:
Is there a good way to go back to the old button? My wife liked it the old way better. If it is an intrinsic part of the update and needs to stay that way - it really isn't a big deal.....just curious.

Thanks again.:biggrin: