How do I do this?

BACnDNA

Reaction score
How do I get video, or anything I want, to show on an external screen from my Verizon Ultra. I want to set up a screen in the back of my car, wire it to my phone and then play youtube, videos, or movies to that screen for my daughter on looooong trips. I saw this done with an Apple product on Phillips Twin Play Portable Video Viewer (It's not compatible with my phone. I tried a simple wire adaptor). I have not purchased any type of screen so I am open to suggestions here too. I am looking for a small 7"-9" screen to strap in the back of the front seat for her.
I need it to hook to my phone because I have unlimited data, want to control it for her because she is to young to do it herself, and really do not want to buy a lot of extra DVD's to carry around.
Any suggestions? Is there an app? Certain kind of monitor/screen?
Be easy. I'm new, green, and have not clue on a lot of technical stuff.
Thanks for the help!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Unfortunately the phone lacks any HDMI output so video out is not supported wired...however, it is supported wirelessly via Miracast. See Miracast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amazon.com: miracast dongle hdmi: Cell Phones & Accessories is one way to do it to an HDMI input port on a monitor or TV.

If you need to go to VGA, try this as well Amazon.com: hdmi to vga: Cell Phones & Accessories

What you would do is set up the Miracast on the phone, sync to the HDMI dongle plugged into HDMI. If necessary, then into the HDMI to VGA adapter, or HDMI input port on the monitor/tv.

OP
B

BACnDNA

Reaction score
Going to get the stuff now and try it. Thanks!!!!!