How can I tell?

bad.medicine

Reaction score
Okay so I'm going to apologize ahead of time fit this since I'm a noob.

But Ive been trying for a couple of days now to figure out how to properly install a ROM on my DX.

Problem is I have a feeling I'm doing the process correctly, but I have no earthly clue how I can tell whether or not I actually finished the job.

So, with that being said....is there any way I can confirm I properly installed the ROM, and if so where can I look for this information? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What rom are you trying to flash? Most of them will carry with them a visual difference.

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

bad.medicine

Reaction score
I'm trying to flash Fab's Apex v1.3

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I think that one comes with a black notification bar so if you flashed it right that will be black.

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

bad.medicine

Reaction score
Looks like its back to the drawing board then...

adsfa34

Reaction score
Go to Menu>Settings>About Phone (at the bottom) ...

At the bottom of that list you should see Build No. If it's anything other than the DX current build, then it worked. If it's no different, it's still possible the flash wotked if the build.prop wasn't modified, but most devs tweak the build.prop file to read Build No as their ROM name.

For example mine reads "Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.95".

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

adsfa34

Reaction score
Make sure you mount /system in bootstrap recovery before flashing. If you don't, the scripts will execute but nothing actually writes to the /system. You can tell if you're mounted to /system by clicking "mounts and storage" and if the option reads "mount /system" then you're NOT mounted. Once you do, it will read to unmount /system instead.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Also why not tell us the steps you took to install this rom and we can help there also. A lot easier to see what went on when we have list of what you did lol Can also help with the install next time.

OP
B

bad.medicine

Reaction score
Sorry it has taken me almost 2 days to get back. I realized I had forgotten to snag the DX bootstrap app and set it before I could successfully install the ROM. Once I fixed what I did wrong it took no time to download and install.

Thanks for your help!