how can i tell if my phone is safe?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by AndroidUserName, Oct 12, 2010.

1. AndroidUserName

AndroidUserName New Member

Hey all, this is my first post. Gotta a lot going on in these forums, gonna have to check back more often, been poking around in the forum a bit now.

Reason for post:

I left my phone on my desk, i work for a tech company and a technically savy co-worker(iphone person) got ahold of my phone. How can I tell what he did? and if he didn't install any malicous/prank/steal information from my phone? Is there any way to do so? I noticed when I ripped it out of his hands that media share was open. Can I tell what was done there?

(* I know there are password protection apps out there, and I have it downloaded, I just didn't have it on, because I don't like typeing in a password everytime I need to use it... but learned the hard way might as well just keep it going. )

Any and all help is appreciate. Thanks in advance.
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    :welcome:to the forums.

I know that there are several different kinds of apps that lock your phone and to unlock you either type a password or swype a pattern. But to be able to see what was done on the phone while you were away, I am not totally sure there is a way. I maybe (and I hope I am) wrong.

I will pass this on to the entire Rescue Squad to see if there is anyone there that has a better answer than me.
  3. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Moved for further RS assistance
  4. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

You could always get it a shot of penicillin and before using wear a rubber glove.
  5. AndroidUserName

AndroidUserName New Member

pos factory reset option?

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

I have not yet done a factory reset. I kinda of went crazy downloading apps and such, when i first got the phone. So it wouldn't wreck my world if I had to start over and only install what I want. I would prefer to know how to alleviate this issue, and I'm sure it will benefit others in the future.

Will a factory reset, be a cure all? Or is malicous/prank/virus/? software advanced enough at this point to remain even after a factory reset is done?

Thanks to everyone.
  6. LtKen

LtKen New Member

First off, your friends would have to be pretty committed -- I dont know how much, if any, of that sort of software exists. There's no malware that I know of at all.

A factory reset will restore your phone to its out-of-the-box state, and no, there's nothing your friend could do that would survive a factory reset.
  7. gonnadie4thegov

gonnadie4thegov New Member

I really wouldn't worry about it. Unless your friend is a genius developer there isn't anything he could do that could cause what you are worried about.

Media share was prob open cause you connected to a wifi network. I get the symbol in my notification bar everytime I connect to wifi so he prob pulled the notification bar down and clicked it, maybe have even been an accident as most people take a good half hour or more to learn to use android
  8. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Set up a lock screen with a PIN. That would keep anyone out unless they were pretty dedicated.
Search tags for this page
check if my phone is safe

how can i tell if spyware is on my droid razr

how do i keep my phone.safe from being spyed on
how do i know if my galaxy 4 has spyware

how do you know if your phone has a virus

how to check if your phone is safe
how to detect spyware on my samsung galaxy 3
how to know if my android has spiware
how to tell if there is a spy app on my galaxy s3

how to tell if your droid has a virus

if i factory reset my droid, can someone reinstall spy progr