How are you guys enjoying your Xooms?

smark22

Reaction score
I'm really contemplating buying the Xoom, and I have been since its initial rumors. Just playing with it at Best Buy upon its release got me all giddy, but I decided to wait a bit to see what else is coming out. After seeing the specs for the Galaxy 10.1, Toshiba, and Asus, it seems like the Xoom is the most practical way to go. Although, I'm also, almost shamefully, considering an iPad 2. What are the suggestions?

Edit: This tablet is for college. It's going to be my ebook reader, notebook, etc.

Last edited:

dmesiti

Reaction score
It`s just the best thing I purchased in the last years. It`s my first tablet, but could not miss it anymore. I mainly use it for browsing, reading forums, eBooks, play a game once in a while, do emails, FB, etc... and because I am always connected to the internet, no question remains unsolved :)
The ease of navigating through the screens with the navigation `buttons` is SO great, I could not imagine having a tablet without those. Really. If you want flexibility, Honeycomb is it. As for the Xoom, battery is great, screen brightness is more than great, it only reflects too much when being outside, but I resolve that with increasing the brightness of the screen then.
Hope this helps? Let ua know otherwise.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm loving my Xoom. I got the Wifi version as soon as it came out. My wife has an iPad that I got for her a year ago that she never used (I used it for most of last year). So I kind of have perspective between the two. The Xoom blows it away. The iPad2 is only a marginal improvement in speed and a front facing camera so I'm sure I'm not missing anything there. I tether my Xoom to my DX (yes I pay extra for tethering) and I use it almost daily. One of the best tech purchases I've ever made. I kind of knew a tablet would fit my "life" so it was bound to be a hit with me.

Get one and you won't be sorry or feel buyer's remorse because it's a great device.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I am seriously considering buying the xoom. I just don't feel comfortable with the tablet since I have a laptop.. I am assuming it's not the same? Eventually I will break down, go to best buy, and play around with one. I'd purchase the WIFI one since I will probably be using it the most at home.

Tappin' away on my DROIDX

jeremycnly

Reaction score
Asus Transformer beats this thing into the ground at $399. The best tablet out... really. If you find one, buy it immediately because they are all sold out where I'm at.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

smark22

Reaction score
Great answers so far, I appreciate all of the feedback =)
I'd have to say that the main reason that's really holding me back from purchasing it right now is the rumor of the Amazon Ka-el quad core tablets which, if they are going to be released, could be epic.
jeremycnly: Other than the price point, what exactly makes the transformer better than the xoom? Anything particular specification-wise?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd have to say that the main reason that's really holding me back from purchasing it right now is the rumor of the Amazon Ka-el quad core tablets which, if they are going to be released, could be epic.
jeremycnly: Other than the price point, what exactly makes the transformer better than the xoom? Anything particular specification-wise?

Well you know what if you let things like that hold you back, get ready for a series of "waiting." I've read that there are going to be a lot more tablets released soon. Not all of the are Android.

I think that the only reason for waiting on Xoom was for the wifi only one. To me it was ridicules that they didn't release that first.

jeremycnly

Reaction score

Well the Asus does every thing the xoom does at a cheaper price, other than the slightly higher ff camera and the ability to be on a network and eventually Lte on the xoom... It all depends on the persons needs though. If you are gonna have a tablet mostly at home, school or in places that generally will have wifi the asus hands down... best tablet I've encountered so far. If you MUST have internet all the time and need a bigger screen then what your phone offers, go with the xoom. And btw those of you who I see when I'm going out to eat on a tablet with your family sitting there quite, then I discover going to the bathroom passing by your table your watching a youtube video of sopranos (yes I've seen it). Stop being anti social NOB. EAT DINNER, WITH YOUR FAMILY. When did tablets become a symbol of your financial status.....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

smark22

Reaction score
Excellent point hookbill

I do enjoy the fact that the Transformer is $100 cheaper than the Xoom for 32gb, but, and I'm not positive on this, I've also heard that Asus is putting a custom skin on it, which I've never really been a fan of oems doing. I'm not sure how nicely done it is, but I typically much prefer stock android.

jbnole

Reaction score
How's the overall interface with the xoom compared to ipads???? Of course Apple fans say its smoother overall....

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

ahC_hED

Reaction score
I just picked up a xoom yesterday and I'm impressed. Already rooted, running tiamats 1.5oc kernel with sdcard support. Im like a kid at Christmas with this. :)

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums