Hotspot set up

ivechosen

Reaction score
Hi all - I am hoping that someone can help me this issue - I want to use my Razr as a Hotspot for my ASUS Transformer Prime - I can activate the hotspot and my ASUS 'sees' it. I have the MAC address in the Razr for the TF201. When I attempt to connect (on my TF201) I am asked for a "password" - and I have no clue what password I am supposed to be entering. When I set up the hotspot on my Razr I was not asked to enter any password - so I am confused here. When I leave blank and hit connect - I get an "authorization error" message.

HELP!!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi all - I am hoping that someone can help me this issue - I want to use my Razr as a Hotspot for my ASUS Transformer Prime - I can activate the hotspot and my ASUS 'sees' it. I have the MAC address in the Razr for the TF201. When I attempt to connect (on my TF201) I am asked for a "password" - and I have no clue what password I am supposed to be entering. When I set up the hotspot on my Razr I was not asked to enter any password - so I am confused here. When I leave blank and hit connect - I get an "authorization error" message.

HELP!!!!

First I need to know what client you are using to run the Hotspot. Is it the pre-installed Verizon hotspot, or are you using a downloaded tool such as Foxfi or the like?