Picasa Log In Trouble

BGTow

Reaction score
Got my new RAZR.....wow - what a phone.

I am having trouble with setting up my Picasa account with it, though. Everytime I enter my user name and password it comes back with a invalid username or password message......even though they were entered correctly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks much!
Brad
BGTow

VandalDROID

Reaction score
Got my new RAZR.....wow - what a phone.

I am having trouble with setting up my Picasa account with it, though. Everytime I enter my user name and password it comes back with a invalid username or password message......even though they were entered correctly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks much!
Brad
BGTow

I have a similar issue with picasa. I was able to input my user name and password and it did not come back with an error message. HOWEVER, a few hours later it told me that "picasa was unable to sync due to incorrect user or password..."

OP
B

BGTow

Reaction score
Well, i got mine figured out......when i uploaded a picture to my account everything logged in just fine. So all is well now and my albums are showing in my gallery. Its nice when a problem pretty much fixes itself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

radon

Reaction score
I have the same problem - when trying to log in to Picasa via "Add Accounts" it always gives me the username or password invalid error. However after I uploaded my first photo from the RAZR, it prompted for account login (via the Google account already logged in on the phone... no password prompt!). Now I am able to browse my Picasa gallery within the pre-installed Galleries app. Wonder if the same thing works for YouTube...... I'll try!!!

I had been thinking for the past 12 hours that the problem is related to the 2-step verification and application-specific passwords, but after turning that off, there was no improvement. BGTow's method worked. Thanks!

(PS Within "Add Accounts" Picasa still does not appear and I still cannot add it)

Slayers

Reaction score
What app are you guys using to load picasa from your phone?

BagMan

Reaction score
I'm using the stock gallery - online button.

radon

Reaction score
So because of an unrelated (or maybe not???) problem I exchanged my RAZR for a new one. The very first thing I did on the new device was set up all the accounts (picasa, youtube, etc.) They all logged in flawlessly, with application-specific passwords and everything. Other than the new device, the other thing I did differently was NOT install related apps such as gmail, Google voice... not sure if that's what made the difference, but im happy!

PS the unrelated problem was random rebooting. The faulty device was randomly rebooting between twice and 15 times a day. Very very annoying. New device seems great!! Love the RAZR!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

octabomb

Reaction score
I was running into the same problem with adding Picasa/Youtube accounts. I was able to upload a picture from the phone to picasa, but that didn't seem to allow the gallery app to see my picasa albums or let me add the picasa account. I have google's two step verification enabled. So as radon mentioned above, with two-step verification enabled, to add the "Picasa (gallery)" or "YouTube (gallery)" accounts under settings > accounts > add account, you need to use google's application specific passwords, in conjunction with your google account's login email. The link below describes the process:

Signing in using application-specific passwords

Just posting this in case someone else running into the same issues stumbles across this thread.

GeekWife

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue on a Droid2 (I know this isn't the D2 forum, but I can't find any other threads dealing with this issue)... I can upload to my Picasa albums just fine, as always, but I get a notification about 5 times a day telling me my Picasa username and/or password is invalid. I renter the information and it just pops back up a few minutes later. I just want the notification to go away!

Br3M3n

Reaction score
I was running into the same problem with adding Picasa/Youtube accounts. I was able to upload a picture from the phone to picasa, but that didn't seem to allow the gallery app to see my picasa albums or let me add the picasa account. I have google's two step verification enabled. So as radon mentioned above, with two-step verification enabled, to add the "Picasa (gallery)" or "YouTube (gallery)" accounts under settings > accounts > add account, you need to use google's application specific passwords, in conjunction with your google account's login email. The link below describes the process:

Signing in using application-specific passwords

Just posting this in case someone else running into the same issues stumbles across this thread.

Thanks, I just reset my phone and was having issues setting the account back up. Forgot that i might need to use the application-specific password.