Hotspot feature without root and without paying on Verizon

DROID11

Reaction score
I have found a way to utilize your hotspot feature on some phones. It works on the Bionic for sure I am using it right now. Download the app called fox fi. Go to www.foxfi.com and it will show you how to download it. It works when paired with PDA net tablet and has just made my mind up for me on keeping my transformer prime :).

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using DroidForums

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
This didn't work on my computer, but I really only wanted it for my tablet. Its completely free and easy to use. I checked my plan and still no hot spot feature

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
Really don't think it's had time for it to hit your plan....my verizon can run up to 24 hrs behind...but please update tomorrow...i'm in if it really works

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

It is not on the plan just double checked. Not to mention, if it was, a page saying I had to pay for the service would have come up or one requesting to add the feature. Works flawlessly. I am currently using it. I had trouble using it on my laptop, but a friend of mine used it no problem on his laptop with his bionic. My laptop is old and crappy, so that could be why mine doesn't work. This is the greatest thing since sliced bread to me :)

mikeyd08

Reaction score
Well looks really interesting. Gotta be honest, I'm gonna wait a month or so to see if people start reporting problems with Verizon. Don't want to lose my unlimited data.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

LWFJester

Reaction score
I have found a way to utilize your hotspot feature on some phones. It works on the Bionic for sure I am using it right now. Download the app called fox fi. Go to www.foxfi.com and it will show you how to download it. It works when paired with PDA net tablet and has just made my mind up for me on keeping my transformer prime :).

Doesn't work for me. Foxfi doesn't supposrt WiFi on the HTC Evo. And PDA Net Tablet doesn't support tethering via BlueTooth on Tablets without ICS and the A500 won't be getting that anytime soon.