Hot phone: normal, or xScope?

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently downloaded xScope to check out their multi-touch feature. This morning, I picked up my phone--which had been a'sleep all night--and discovered it was HOT to the touch and the battery was about 4/5 drained.

I checked to see what apps were still memory-resident, and there was just xScope and the standard stuff. Sadly, I didn't think quickly enough to check the battery statistics before I re-booted.

It cooled quickly and was fine after re-boot.

So, I'd like to ask: has anybody else had this experience with their Droid, and in particular, with xScope? I'd like to narrow this to a likely Droidism or something I should report to xScope's author.

Cheers!

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch

doubleUTF

Reaction score
YES! I have never use xScope, but lately my battery has been draining 10-15% percent per hour with minimal use of apps or other features.

ALSO: When i am not using it the battery seems to be hovering at around 70 degrees, which is fine, but if i play a game for 20 min the battery goes to 110 degrees and above. Highest i've seen it was 116 degrees. Obviously this isn't normal. Anyone know what's going on? I googled a little, tried the *228 thing, did both options but still hasnt fixed the problem.

fjhiii

Reaction score
I do not use xscope and it happened to me today for the first time. My battery drained in 3 hours and it was just sitting on my desk. I usually make it through the entire day with normal use.

The back was hot.