Phone getting extremely hot during charging

Reaction score
Last night I went to bed around midnight. My phone was at 20 percent charge. I plugged it in like I usually do placed it next to my pillow and went to sleep. I woke up around 3 and my phone was too hot to touch or hold and was only at 30 percent charge. The battery widget was showing a temp over 150 degrees. It even made my finger uncomfortable to swipe the screen. I powered down and pulled the battery. It took 15 mins to get it cooled down.

This was not the first time it has gotten warm during charging but the first time it has gotten this warm. Anyone else with knowledge of the situation or experienced themselves?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sitbackrelax79

Reaction score
Yes, this just happened to me about an hour ago which is why I am on here for answers now. Not only that, now my Bionic has no data connectivity. I have hit airplane mode like 100 times and had pulled my battery many times as well and still nothing. I have no idea what to do now. I cannot connect to anything now.

alm71769

Reaction score
Hot Droid

I was experiencing the same problem. Couldn't figure out why all of a sudden it was doing it. The only thing that had changed since my prior charging was the addition of my email account. I went into my email settings and under Email Delivery I changed my fetch schedule to "Manually". It was set to Every 15 Minutes. Since this time I have not had the problem. Not sure if you are experiencing the identical problem but I have to assume this may also happen with any apps that are checking for updates/downloads automatically. Perhaps changing the schedule settings would also help.