New Droid Maxx 2 battery running very hot in 30 min use

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You two must really love your jobs! I learned a lot of interesting things and I appreciate the detailed advice and suggestions. It gives me a much better idea of what's under the hood. :)

I have an Antec 900 computer case. I love their cases, and bought this one specifically so I could see all the components. So, I'm wondering, when are we going to get a smartphone like that? Not just one of those transparent phones, but one where you could actually see the battery, microprocessor, chips, etc.

Oh, and while we're at .... it would be nice to have some kind of indicator lights (like our car dashboard lights) that would flash around the malfunctioning component! LOL

Now, that would be sweet!
Lol...you'll fit right in here..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
well then, I think I'm gonna hang around. :-D
Please do...:) If you need and exit ..they're over there. .there .there..and here..please stay behind the red lines lol

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You two must really love your jobs! I learned a lot of interesting things and I appreciate the detailed advice and suggestions. It gives me a much better idea of what's under the hood. :)

I have an Antec 900 computer case. I love their cases, and bought this one specifically so I could see all the components. So, I'm wondering, when are we going to get a smartphone like that? Not just one of those transparent phones, but one where you could actually see the battery, microprocessor, chips, etc.

Oh, and while we're at .... it would be nice to have some kind of indicator lights (like our car dashboard lights) that would flash around the malfunctioning component! LOL

Now, that would be sweet!
Well, you are certainly welcome for any help we may have provided, and we thank you for the complements and show of appreciation for our efforts. To make it clear, we are VOLUNTEER (not paid), staff members, devoting time from our lives with no expectation for remuneration, and so we do it for several reasons.
  • First, we LOVE Android.
  • Second, we LOVE people.
  • Third, we LOVE helping people with Android.
  • Fourth, we LOVE people helping others with Android.
  • Fifth, we LOVE people helping people with anything else as well.
We welcome you as a new member and we certainly hope you stick around.

It's very pleasing to hear that you enjoy learning about what makes that mysterious box that people call a computer work. We are also technology enthusiasts and so you speak our language, and we promote self-learning on these forums. In fact it's a hallmark of forums to promote self-learning and self-help. I personally would surely enjoy knowing what you've learned, and also possibly helping you to learn more about the inner workings of that computer and the amazing little computer you hold in your hand as well. I'll bet 94lt1 would echo my sentiments.

We are probably not going to see phones that are clear, like your Antec case, simply because computers are designed around standards for motherboards, power supplies, hard drives, removable storage drives, and other components' shape, size and mountings. In other words, a hard drive can fit any of the cases out there because the hard drives are all standardized. Therefore it is easy for a manufacturer to design a computer case with wild designs and features since they only need to make the interior able to accommodate the standard boards and supporting components.

In contrast, phones are anything but standardized for almost all of the components and designs, except perhaps the headphone jacks, sim card trays, SD card trays and USB ports (except the iPhones). So since the physical phones are all different shapes and sizes, and the boards and other internal components are actually designed to fit in a specific form factor, rather than the case or shell being designed to fit standard components, we are likely to never see a standard form factor for phones and so, are not likely to ever see different cases (that is "shells", clear or otherwise) to fit them. We do have a wide variety of cases that cover the phones, but they are just a cover over the phone itself.

There are a very few exceptions in the case of back case shells where some phones actually offer custom shells, and third party manufacturers have made even wider varieties of custom shells, so a clear one may be available for one or more phones with removable (user replaceable), backs.

Anyway, welcome again, I'm pleased that you're learning and gaining satisfaction and self-confidence from our forum, and we look forward to learning from you as well.

OP
MaxxGrl

MaxxGrl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID MAXX 2
Please do...:) If you need and exit ..they're over there. .there .there..and here..please stay behind the red lines lol
Thank you! :)

OP
MaxxGrl

MaxxGrl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID MAXX 2
Well, you are certainly welcome for any help we may have provided, and we thank you for the complements and show of appreciation for our efforts. To make it clear, we are VOLUNTEER (not paid), staff members, devoting time from our lives with no expectation for remuneration, and so we do it for several reasons.
  • First, we LOVE Android.
  • Second, we LOVE people.
  • Third, we LOVE helping people with Android.
  • Fourth, we LOVE people helping others with Android.
  • Fifth, we LOVE people helping people with anything else as well.
We welcome you as a new member and we certainly hope you stick around.

It's very pleasing to hear that you enjoy learning about what makes that mysterious box that people call a computer work. We are also technology enthusiasts and so you speak our language, and we promote self-learning on these forums. In fact it's a hallmark of forums to promote self-learning and self-help. I personally would surely enjoy knowing what you've learned, and also possibly helping you to learn more about the inner workings of that computer and the amazing little computer you hold in your hand as well. I'll bet 94lt1 would echo my sentiments.

We are probably not going to see phones that are clear, like your Antec case, simply because computers are designed around standards for motherboards, power supplies, hard drives, removable storage drives, and other components' shape, size and mountings. In other words, a hard drive can fit any of the cases out there because the hard drives are all standardized. Therefore it is easy for a manufacturer to design a computer case with wild designs and features since they only need to make the interior able to accommodate the standard boards and supporting components.

In contrast, phones are anything but standardized for almost all of the components and designs, except perhaps the headphone jacks, sim card trays, SD card trays and USB ports (except the iPhones). So since the physical phones are all different shapes and sizes, and the boards and other internal components are actually designed to fit in a specific form factor, rather than the case or shell being designed to fit standard components, we are likely to never see a standard form factor for phones and so, are not likely to ever see different cases (that is "shells", clear or otherwise) to fit them. We do have a wide variety of cases that cover the phones, but they are just a cover over the phone itself.

There are a very few exceptions in the case of back case shells where some phones actually offer custom shells, and third party manufacturers have made even wider varieties of custom shells, so a clear one may be available for one or more phones with removable (user replaceable), backs.

Anyway, welcome again, I'm pleased that you're learning and gaining satisfaction and self-confidence from our forum, and we look forward to learning from you as well.

Thank you for explaining that. Very interesting! It's too bad, though. That would be ultra-cool!

Ah well, at least I have it in my imagination...where I've already designed and patented it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
Hi everyone,
I couldn't find an actual forum on batteries running hot, so please let me know if there is one I need to post in.
My problem is that I bought a brand new DM2 a few weeks ago, and within the last week or so, my battery starts running hot very quickly (I would probably take it back to Verizon, but it's out of the 15 day window for returns).

I rarely watch videos or play music. The few videos I watch are never more than several minutes. These last few days it's getting worse. This morning, I spent 34 min. browsing internet and watched one 4 min. video clip. All the rest of the time was spent reading RSS feeds and checking email. I got the Hot Temp alert and it was at 101.9 and climbing. (Luckily, I had my old Maxx for backup. My Maxx started doing this before, but not until it was about 2 yrs old, not 2 weeks)!

I have one of those 2 pc soft/hard plastic covers, but don't imagine that makes any difference? I'm running Marshmallow 6.0.1.

Thanx for any help you can give! :)
Stephanie
As my own experience,the battery is not working smoothly.Maybe you should change a new one.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
As my own experience,the battery is not working smoothly.Maybe you should change a new one.
Not possible unless someone takes the device apart. It has an internal battery.

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
Not possible unless someone takes the device apart. It has an internal battery.
Sorry for my ignorance.Sometimes my s4 would be in such case and I'd take it out change another one.:)