Horrible battery life on ICS .232

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I'm sry some of you are having battery issues, I managed to get 5.5hrs of screen time on moderate usage today, on the 230 leak.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I notice my battery life seems a lot worse too, but I just chalk it up to the fact that I use my phone 2 to 3 times as much now.

Stupid question but, could it be you're just using your phone a lot more often now and that gives the impression of worse battery life?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait until your device has gone through several charge/discharge cycles before making judgement on battery life. Meaning, run the phone down until it tells you to connect to a charger, and then charge to 100%. The battery percentage is an estimate calculated in software, sometimes the calibration gets all out of whack, especially when playing with multiple leaks. We're not running the same OS long enough to calibrate the battery meter.

EDIT: Also, with ICS the Bionic is now making effective use of both CPU cores. While this is nice for device performance, it WILL have a negative effect on battery life. The GUI is also hardware accelerated now, which meant the GPU is used much more heavily.

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I notice my battery life seems a lot worse too, but I just chalk it up to the fact that I use my phone 2 to 3 times as much now.

Stupid question but, could it be you're just using your phone a lot more often now and that gives the impression of worse battery life?

I agree. With ICS, I find myself constantly fiddling with my phone during any downtime I happen to have.

Reaction score
Try turning your screen brightness down. My battery life seems considerably better now that I have. Before I couldn't charge it in the car and pay Pandora without the battery draining ridiculously fast.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

BlackWS6LS1

Reaction score
What I've noticed on all the ICS leaks is that, on the weekends when I'm at home in 4G all day my battery is normal. When I'm at work in 3G for 8hours my battery last only about 12 hours total. I listened to Pandora for about 4-5 hours yesterday in 4G and went to bed with about 55% battery remaining.
Today I've sent 3 text messages and my battery is sitting at 58% with only about 15 minutes of 4G time the rest has been 3G.
Tom

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
This is my 5th day on the 230 leak. The phone has been doing a wonderful job sleeping while I've been at work. That was a issue with some Nexus phones when ICS first came out, some of the phones would always stay awake even when not using it. Here's my battery life today while at work, minimal use but I'm still impressed.

View attachment 52627

View attachment 52628

Edit, also I forgot to state the battery life also seems to be getting better.

Last edited:

skidoo

Reaction score
Running 232 with the extended battery.

Seemed to be draining ridiculously fast at first; changed display from auto brightness to the dimmest setting (which is still very bright), and discharge rate improved. Although admittedly this could be am example of a mere correlation, not an actual cause.

Nevertheless, after about 24 hours, the discharge rate still seems noticeably faster than it was on 905. Not ridiculously faster, but definitely noticeable.

Which is to be expected, I suppose, as others have pointed out.

___
Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos.

GatorLCA

Reaction score
I've actually been quite impressed by the battery life on .232 with my extended battery. I've been using my phone at work all day, not constantly, but 'normal' for me on a Monday. I can't go crazy because I need it to last all day (as you can see)

Seems to be the same as .905 but maybe slighty less efficient than before. I also have my Wi-Fi autoconnect to any signal it picks up, so if I turn that off I could definitely get more life out of it

rduckwor

Reaction score
I've actually been quite impressed by the battery life on .232 with my extended battery. I've been using my phone at work all day, not constantly, but 'normal' for me on a Monday. I can't go crazy because I need it to last all day (as you can see)

Seems to be the same as .905 but maybe slighty less efficient than before. I also have my Wi-Fi autoconnect to any signal it picks up, so if I turn that off I could definitely get more life out of it

So what do the different colors in the mobile network bar indicate? 3G versus 4G signal?

RMD

Rahloc

Reaction score
Is the rooting method the same, and can I do it after I have gone to .232 or should I have done it previous to upgrading, I am getting **** battery life with moderate use on the extended battery 24hours after and would like to recalibrate it.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Is the rooting method the same, and can I do it after I have gone to .232 or should I have done it previous to upgrading, I am getting **** battery life with moderate use on the extended battery 24hours after and would like to recalibrate it.
You can use Razr's Edge to root quickly and easily on any of the ICS builds once you're already on them. Cheers man.

Rahloc

Reaction score
ok so 3 days into ICS i am still getting horrid battery life, I have the official motorola extended and have to charge it about every 10 hours, any hints?