Horrible battery life on ICS .232

xmguy

Reaction score
I thought my battery life was awful before on .229 ICS leak. This is worse (on 6.7.232 ICS leak) listening to iHeartRadio and TuneIn for a few hours in 3G (EV-DO) only mode my battery is already at 30% (with the standard OEM battery).
I also have Juice Defender running too. Would hate to see stats for the battery without it.

See attached screenshots.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic... out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

Last edited:

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
You might try a battery calibration app from the play store. You may find that your phone will get down to 5%, but then stay at 5% a long time before it finally dies. That happened to me when I installed the 905 GB leak for the first time. It did the same thing, drained really quick initially, but then ended up having a pretty reasonable amount of battery time. I calibrated the battery and it went back to normal!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
You might try a battery calibration app from the play store. You may find that your phone will get down to 5%, but then stay at 5% a long time before it finally dies. That happened to me when I installed the 905 GB leak for the first time. It did the same thing, drained really quick initially, but then ended up having a pretty reasonable amount of battery time. I calibrated the battery and it went back to normal!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

I tried that. Here hoping it works. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic... out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Didn't work. Using the EXTENDED battery. I only got about 7 hours before the battery was down to 35%. The phone wasn't in use much either. I hope Motorola gets this fixed in later versions.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Well 1/2 a gig of data in 2-3 is alot of strain on the battery.

That wasn't all in 1 day. That was over 3 days.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I know, i forgot to add days after 2-3 in my post.

Would matter for battery life. This battery was charged 8 hrs ago.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Well it would matter. 2 of the top 3 battery usage stats are streaming music and facebook (data)

Prior to ICS leaks never had problems with these same apps, under the same conditions.