Horrible battery life on ICS .232

PAJ

Reaction score
I see 8hrs or less using 4G and over 20hrs if I stick to 3G with a standard battery. Seems like a 3x increase in battery drain using 4G is excessive.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bbucks36

Reaction score
ICS .2233 been good to me so far.. stock battery. then again only app running in background that is battery hog is morequicklypanel...and 4g always on...no antivirus program..gps on standby..i try to leave much off till i need it...also noticed after changing to LTE/CMDA/EDvO helps with battery too instead of the default global.. View attachment 52793 id say im a moderate user..but theres noway i would beable to get this longevity with stock .902 or .905..sorry to hear about your bad experience with ICS leaks..

edit: smart action is very useful ..use it :biggrin:

Last edited:

bbucks36

Reaction score
Is the rooting method the same, and can I do it after I have gone to .232 or should I have done it previous to upgrading, I am getting **** battery life with moderate use on the extended battery 24hours after and would like to recalibrate it.

u dont have to root to recalibrate battery..fully use up battery to less than 5%... power down and plug in phone to charger...charge till you get 100%...while plugged in and at 100% take out battery..wait till it shows a battery with ? in the box then put battery back in..unplug then plug back in.. it will show 5% for like ten minutes..then go to 100%... i know sounds like a pain but worked for me..

pctechdude

Reaction score
I too was getting upset with the dismal battery life, granted I use my phone a lot (even more now, with ICS) and I was getting about 4 hours usage on stock battery. I upgraded to 232 and decided to calibrate battery.

I can now get through a whole shift at my plant on stock battery and that place is hell for phone signal. It is usually constantly searching for signal and will jump between 1x,3g, & 4g all in the same area. If outside of work ever since I calibrated it's been fantastic. My phone is even set at 1.2ghz, and while I have the extended battery I use that for special occasions when I don't have access to my charger. Plus I am not a fan of the extra bulk it adds.

Also over on amazon there is a company selling the stock batteries for 3 bucks and some change. I picked up two more of them. Was like ~11 bucks total with shipping. Not to bad of a deal.

Jacobk85

Reaction score
u dont have to root to recalibrate battery..fully use up battery to less than 5%... power down and plug in phone to charger...charge till you get 100%...while plugged in and at 100% take out battery..wait till it shows a battery with ? in the box then put battery back in..unplug then plug back in.. it will show 5% for like ten minutes..then go to 100%... i know sounds like a pain but worked for me..

Just got trying this. Hope it works for me too

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just got trying this. Hope it works for me too

"Bump charging" as it's called is ill advised as it is an attempt to bypass the phones protection system, built to protect a battery from damage due to over charge.

The lithium ion polymer and lithium ion batteries in these phones can only accept so much charge before they become stressed and are at risk of failure. You may in fact force additional power into the battery, but the long term result will be a shorteng of the life span of the battery, and possible short term results is a total failure of the battery which could be dangerous.

Read below:

View attachment 52851

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I think I'm actually getting about the same battery life on 232 as I was getting on 905... Moderate-ish use and mine lasted about 13 hours off the charger until 5% battery left

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

r1nstang

Reaction score
my battery life has been horrible since i got on 232. I have the extended battery. on 230 and before I would unplug at 330am go to work and still have 20% left at 6pm when im coming home from second job. now im having to put on the charger by around 3pm because its just dead

jp1044

Reaction score
Just thought I would put my two cents in here. I have used the AXIOM ICS ROM for.my bionic and I am able to get 15 hours of battery with 45% remaining and two hours of screen on time. That's on standard battery. Your mileage may vary but for me its the best battery life I have seen on ICS.