Major battery life problems ICS

wheeler062505

Reaction score
my battery life is terrible, I will drop 4-6% in 20 min while just driving not even using it. I am not sure what to do. I do not know if I want to try a factory reset at this point. I might just try wiping the cache

Look I just got a replacement for my bionic and was lucky enough to get another bionic, and when I got it I didn't think anything of it, just upgraded to ics and went to work. My battery lasted 4 hours. I was mad. So I went home and did a factory reset and later that night went to work and got a little more than 12 hours out of my battery. So back everything u can up and do the reset, u might be surprised.

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Look I just got a replacement for my bionic and was lucky enough to get another bionic, and when I got it I didn't think anything of it, just upgraded to ics and went to work. My battery lasted 4 hours. I was mad. So I went home and did a factory reset and later that night went to work and got a little more than 12 hours out of my battery. So back everything u can up and do the reset, u might be surprised.

Btw I had my phone replace because of dropped calls and losing sound.

CaptainQuack

Reaction score
latest

Burned mine back to stock. updated. dropped Eclipse ICE on. battery sucked. then got weird. running it with wireless and phone. dropped from 67 to 32 in 2 hours. it was at 32 and 2 hours later it just dropped to 31 with same conditions. gonna let it run dead overnight and see what happens tomorrow.

OP
K

kdlawren

Reaction score
Another thing you can do is use the app manager to disable the stock apps you do not use. It also helps with battery life

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Why does the battery go quick when u talk on the phone than when ur on the Internet. I would think the opposite would be the case.

6flip9

Reaction score
Got another hour with pandora after this Screen grab. :)

Stock battery and just did the wipe at full.

9u5y3e3u.jpg

CaptainQuack

Reaction score
I got desperate and re flashed it back to stock and re installed Eclipse. was getting the same crappy battery life. seems I didn't have to do that. I found this app. I'm now at 17 hours and I still have 36% left and that's been running wifi overnight

http://goo.gl/nSgx0

can't hurt to try it.

powrful1

Reaction score
I have had 2 batteries fail. Battery life was terrible, bought new batteries and back to normal. I knew something was wrong when I started to have a huge fall off of % with no change to phone....just a thought for this thread

Sent from my House of Bionics on ICS 246 w/Tapatalk 2™

deduct

Reaction score
You guys can also flash this battery stat wipe zip. Flash it after you are fully charged at 100% for best results.

http://db.tt/5IPNcsHG

I flash it after I hit 100% every cycle and I average around 30 hours with my extended battery on blurry max. And I've gotten almost 40 hours on eclipse.

CaptainQuack

Reaction score
I had 2 stock batteries come with the phone. it looks like one is very much better than the other one when it comes to runtime. I've even gotten some 24plus
hours runtime with very low usages. I am thinking maybe a new extended battery or two. but that app I listed above sure did help. I suspect Deduct's recommendation does the same thing as the one I used.