Home screen keeps re- loading

Christy3510

Reaction score
Everytime I hit the home button or back button to the home screen my phone keeps reloading. It takes about 15 seconds each time, groin the white HTC screen and then reloading all my home screen apps. What's going on? This is really frustrating! I'm stock and have Gingerbread.

Sent from my TBolt

datdamnta

Reaction score
my phone is doing the samething and im getting pissed wtf

Aimperial

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing! It's annoying as hell! I wonder if it's a glitch with Go Launcher.....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
Christy3510

Christy3510

Reaction score
It's not the launcher because I'm not using one. I pulled the battery and it stopped, this is the second time i had to do it tho.

Sent from my TBolt

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. I'm using zeam launcher. I think its a memory thing, I think there's a term used for it but I can't think if it.

Aimperial

Reaction score
I'm sure at what is causing this...... It's so annoying.

Ranger_Ric

Reaction score
I have the same problem as do many others apparently. It is caused by the Sense launcher which comes stock on the droid incredible, the launcher is screwed up since the last os update...

I have tried several free launchers and they all fix the problem but I don't like any of them! I want my sense launcher to work!

Ranger_Ric

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I read this on another forum and it worked for me.

I was using the advanced task killer (never running in memory but installed) so I uninstalled it, then did a soft reset (pulled the battery) and it fixed the problem.

Here is the text from the original post I found.....

I e-mailed HTC about this and actually received a decent reply. I'm posting the relevant section:

If you have any type of third party Task Killer app installed on the device, please remove it and perform a soft reset of your device as apps of this nature can have an adverse effect on the Android OS. If the issue still persists, please proceed with the Safe Mode/Reset steps.

Please place your device in Safe Mode for a 24 hour period as it will disable any non-essential software installed on the device. If the issue still persists in Safe Mode then please proceed with the reset steps. If this is not apparent in Safe Mode, then please start uninstalling third party apps until the conflict app is found.

Enter Safe Mode:

1. With the device turned off Slide out the Keyboard
2. Turn the device on
3. Press and hold the “S”
4. You will feel a vibration and when the device loads will see safe mode bottom left

Exit Safe Mode:

1. Restart device

Reset Information -

Pulling the battery out is generally referred to as a 'soft reset'. Please turn phone off, remove/replace battery and then turn phone back on. If this does not correct the issue, then please ensure that your personal information such as contacts and photos have been backed up in preparation for a factory reset. Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state — the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.

To reset the device using the menu:

1. Settings > SD & Phone Storage > Factory Data Reset

To reset the device using the device keys:

1. With the device turned off, press and hold the volume down button (located at the right panel of the device), and then press the power button.
2. When the device’s display turns on, release the volume down button.
3. Use the volume buttons to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press the power button. (All data will be deleted from the device).

** For me, the 24-hour Safe Mode approach seemed to work. Since I tried this, I haven't had a single "HTC reload" (of course, I now have other issues, but that's another thread...).

geoff5093

Reaction score
I just live with it, something I've come to expect with this phone.