Home++ Beta

Venom51

Reaction score
Just remove the clock from the bar and there is no need to remove the whole bar.. I don't run any clock widgets as I don't need 2 places to see the time on one screen.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Clocks

I never know what screen I will stay on so I put the flip clock on all of them - it's very cool looking. Sometimes more is more.

Just remove the clock from the bar and there is no need to remove the whole bar.. I don't run any clock widgets as I don't need 2 places to see the time on one screen.

ice456789

Reaction score
you aren't picking up what we're putting down.

you long-hold it once, and it enables the notification bar permanently until you turn it off.
I understand that. I'm just saying that for me (just me, not speaking for anyone else) the ability to remove the notifications bar is no more than eye candy, because it removes functionality. It's a feature I didn't use. It is not a selling point for me of home++. The little scrolling menu at the bottom is nice, but those aren't the features I'd put on there. If they allowed us to customize what went on that bar that would be fantastic, because I don't often use most of those buttons.

I think what would really be the selling point is when they start coming out with the animated graphics. That will set it apart. For now though, I'm gonna use Panda but keep home++ installed.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you aren't picking up what we're putting down.

you long-hold it once, and it enables the notification bar permanently until you turn it off.
I understand that. I'm just saying that for me (just me, not speaking for anyone else) the ability to remove the notifications bar is no more than eye candy, because it removes functionality. It's a feature I didn't use. It is not a selling point for me of home++. The little scrolling menu at the bottom is nice, but those aren't the features I'd put on there. If they allowed us to customize what went on that bar that would be fantastic, because I don't often use most of those buttons.

I think what would really be the selling point is when they start coming out with the animated graphics. That will set it apart. For now though, I'm gonna use Panda but keep home++ installed.

Not sure your gripe with the Notification bar as you can 'enable' it. But that's the great thing with these Home replacements... we have options... something for everyone. It's good to know what features/options are attractive/detracting for users.

markmicallef

Reaction score
In this app, how do you know if you have a notification (when the notification bar is hidden)? That's really my only major concern.

Long touch last icon "!" to show notification bar and keep it on. Takes up almost no room.

dannydoes

Reaction score
It's very simple to get the notifications screen back to the top. It's a preference.
yes i see that now thanks:) im TRYING to like it because of all the ppl raving about it lol..do you know if they're going to add theme integration or make it so we can change icons or rename icons?
How do you rename icons even with the stock homepage?

Someone should do a comparison chart of all these home apps. Seems everyone has a different opinion. I don't get the allure when most posts claim more bugs, less battery, and slower interface. Use-ability or GUI is the most important thing to me.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Home++ does not allow for renaming of icons.

I agree about a comparison chart... If I get bored I'll dig through some threads and make one up later.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I still prefer GDE.
I'm really not getting what's so "amazing" about Home++ :icon_eek: you cant use themes...you cant change any icons....you cant tell if you have notifications unless you go look for them. Just my opinion but i think it's one of the worst home apps i've seen

ever heard of the phrase less is more?

this is how it works for me simple yet clean and effective.

and yes apparently the programmer is working on theme support.
All the home replacements can stay "less" or "simple" :icon_eek: either way i deleted it because it's TOO "simple" for me ;)

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm really not getting what's so "amazing" about Home++ :icon_eek: you cant use themes...you cant change any icons....you cant tell if you have notifications unless you go look for them. Just my opinion but i think it's one of the worst home apps i've seen

ever heard of the phrase less is more?

this is how it works for me simple yet clean and effective.

and yes apparently the programmer is working on theme support.
All the home replacements can stay "less" or "simple" :icon_eek: either way i deleted it because it's TOO "simple" for me ;)

ehh different strokes for different folks..

not everything works for everyone.

cgunn82

Reaction score
I sent an email to the creators of Home++ and they said that themes and icons will be integrated.

radsaq

Reaction score
I tried this for a few hours today and was quite pleased, but I've seen numerous times I've hit the home button or otherwise returned to the home screen and it's taken something on the order of 15 seconds or more for Home++ to fully render all the icons and widgets. :(

Finnstang

Reaction score
I really am liking Home++ so far...a lot faster than OpenHome. I wish they would add more desktops...4 is a bit tight...I think I could manage with 5...

blowdryl

Reaction score
I was in contact with the developer of home++ yesterday and he said that while the number of screens is not configurable now, it will be in the future.
Home++ is my favorite of those I've tried so far (GDE, panda) and will be exactly what I was looking for as soon as I can add 1 or 2 more screens.

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
I was in contact with the developer of home++ yesterday and he said that while the number of screens is not configurable now, it will be in the future.
Home++ is my favorite of those I've tried so far (GDE, panda) and will be exactly what I was looking for as soon as I can add 1 or 2 more screens.

You need more screens for widgets or icons? If Icons are the answer, then just drop your applications or icons into an active folder...

I have a page of folder all catagorized nicely and lebeld etc. 1 page of management widgets and such, Main page with all my most common tools, and a blank page to look at whatever picture I have on my desktop :)

I like the dock bar idea for panda, but I still think its too much... Plus Panda is a resource hog and is so rainbow colored :p Not very dude friendly :)