Home++ Beta

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ive been running it for a few days now and absolutly love it....

i actually started a new thread on this that seems to be getting a good bit of attention http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/5891-home-another-home-replacement.html

heres my current screenshot of it

home.jpg

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1. Garrett that background has become a hot topic around here! LOL

2. Running Home++ for a couple days. I had 1 FC about 5 minutes after installing and none since. Phone runs smooth. My only gripe with Home++ is the wallpaper issue... not stretching to 4 screens.... so you end up with a seam on the 4th screen. And also occasionally I'll open an app in portrait and it'll display in landscape. That's about all so far. All great otherwise.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1200 x 854 will fill all 4 screens. Gonna resize some backgrounds for my phone now :)

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1. Garrett that background has become a hot topic around here! LOL

lol yeah i guess it has....

heres the original if anyone wants it
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86/zyiro/1235672321677.jpg

the girls name is Aleksandra Wydrych she is a photographer/graphic artist/web designer from poland.

heres her deviant art page with alot of cool stuff on it
zenibyfajnie on deviantART

and here is some of her website work pretty amazing work and im a ex-linux admin and have seen my fair share of website work. so it takes alot to impress me and she has.
irrational.pl - personal portfolio

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I still prefer GDE.
I'm really not getting what's so "amazing" about Home++ :icon_eek: you cant use themes...you cant change any icons....you cant tell if you have notifications unless you go look for them. Just my opinion but i think it's one of the worst home apps i've seen

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you want your notification bar to show all the time all you do is press the exclamation point and hold it for 2 seconds.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's very simple to get the notifications screen back to the top. It's a preference.
yes i see that now thanks:) im TRYING to like it because of all the ppl raving about it lol..do you know if they're going to add theme integration or make it so we can change icons or rename icons?

silverx10

Reaction score
The beauty of Home++ is that it's the perfect balance of form and function right now. I think that if you were to add theme support (which may or may not be coming, dunno... no real mention at the site), it'd detract from that.

But then, I'm a minimalist at heart, and no theme I've ever seen for anything (save a skin for Trillian) has ever helped reduce screen clutter.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hadn't noticed they had 4 wallpapers until now and I picked the ones with the bright lines. It's not bad - they need to add some more. I'm using it now.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I still prefer GDE.
I'm really not getting what's so "amazing" about Home++ :icon_eek: you cant use themes...you cant change any icons....you cant tell if you have notifications unless you go look for them. Just my opinion but i think it's one of the worst home apps i've seen

ever heard of the phrase less is more?

this is how it works for me simple yet clean and effective.

and yes apparently the programmer is working on theme support.

OP
sir

sir

Reaction score
yes, less is more. eye candy for the sake of eye candy without adding functionality is useless to me.

and you can see notifications without looking for them...long-hold the notification button and it will enable the notification bar. long-hold again and it disables it.

ice456789

Reaction score
yes, less is more. eye candy for the sake of eye candy without adding functionality is useless to me.

and you can see notifications without looking for them...long-hold the notification button and it will enable the notification bar. long-hold again and it disables it.

Removing the notification bar IS eye candy IMO. It doesn't add any functionality at all, it actually removes functionality. I don't want to long-hold a button just to check if I have any notifications.

What they SHOULD do is make the notifications bar transparent.

OP
sir

sir

Reaction score
you aren't picking up what we're putting down.

you long-hold it once, and it enables the notification bar permanently until you turn it off.

MAzing87

Reaction score
ive been running it for a few days now and absolutly love it....

i actually started a new thread on this that seems to be getting a good bit of attention http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/5891-home-another-home-replacement.html

heres my current screenshot of it

home.jpg
Nice screen display.
I am glad everyone is enjoying Home++. I tried out Panda home, and I actually like that one much more than Home++. I liked the features of Panda like hiding icons, and customizing the pull down screens. And I liked the Weather widget on my screen. Very cool for me. I didn't like the tray icons mapped on the bottom of Home++ and overall, even with more screens, I wasn't all excited about it. But that's the beauty of all this, we all have options. I think Home++ and Panda are great replacements for the default Home that comes with the Droid.