Holy!! I fixed the"stuck in Bootload with dead battery"issue without new battery

pauleinsig

Reaction score
Ok so i am a noob right, well i got that whole issue were i tried to flash with low battery, i didn't know OK..i learned from that mistake...

well anyway i was trying all night to find a way to charge the dang battery so i would not have to buy i new one. and with much attemps...no luck...:dry:

but then i was thinking maybe if i got any random old phone battery and tried to make it so the metal prongs on the phone would touch the metal strips on the batter even tough the battery would not fit in the phone...i know crazy right..

well i got an old V3 razr battery and did just that..and to my surprise it totally freaking worked. once those prongs touched the strips on the battery instead of my phone saying:

Low Battery
cannot program

it said:

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Hot Diggidy!!! i did it! and my phone lasted through the whole flashing process!!

The only downside what i had to hold the battery in place FOREVER!!!

just thought id share that with you guys since i know this happens to a lot of noobs..:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Last edited by a moderator:

ChugIt

Reaction score
Yea good post. Good story to explain exactly why you should always make sure your battery has plenty of life before you begin flashing anything.

OP
pauleinsig

pauleinsig

Reaction score
thanks, i thought it might scare people into thinking next time, cuz i know for sure i learned a lesson

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A safer method would be to just plug the phone into the wall and walk away for an hour or two. The battery will eventually charge and you'll be good to go. Unless you really knew what you were doing I wouldn't try and hook up a battery not designed for the phone. Just my 2 cents.

Taegost

Reaction score
I agree with Christim, you got lucky with that battery. This is definitely not something I would recommend people try, I studied electronics in high school and the military and I'd be hesitant to try that without doing my due diligence first. There are a lot of factors to take into account, such as voltage, current, power, resistance, polarity, and many more...
I did the same thing in the beginning with my phone, and I just left it plugged into a wall outlet for an hour or two and it charged the battery and started up fine.

Oh, and another word of warning about this: Using a battery not intended for this phone, in a manner such as this, *can* cause the battery to leak and/or explode. Both of which are bad because the insides are toxic and possibly caustic, and explosions can cause shrapnel...
My electronics teacher in high school made sure he showed us first hand all the things that can go wrong with everything we did...

OP
pauleinsig

pauleinsig

Reaction score
1: I already knew about the dangers of using the other battery
2: the phone would not charge in the Bootloader, i don't know about you but everywhere i read about it, they say there is no charging going on while in Bootloader..thats why this problem occurs

P.S. This whole thread is really just to warn other noobs about the dangers and to take precautions, not so people can tell me what i did wrong