checking droid battery

slikster9012

Reaction score
does anyone know if theres a way i can check if my old battery would work? i dropped my phone in water and got a new one from asurion and they just wanted the old phone back but not the new one. i was wondering if my old battery still works but i dont want to try it on my new droid because i dont want to ruin this new nice looking droid!:)

but it would be nice to have 2 batterys does anyone know if theres a way i can check and see if the old one still works?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They sent you a battery with your replacement?
Consider yourself lucky. Usually a replacement comes as only the device.

OP
S

slikster9012

Reaction score
ya gave me everything the phone, battery, charger and memory card i was a bit surprised.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ya gave me everything the phone, battery, charger and memory card i was a bit surprised.
Score!

I don't see why it wouldn't work. But just to be safe, I'd take the battery into a VZW store and have them see if it's ok. Let them ruin one of their Droids, not your own :)

Reaction score
Well if u wanted a new battery all u have to do (I know this doesn't relate a lot to the question) is call motorola and ask them for a new one and say u lost ur other one or its life is terrible, iv used this twice and have three droid baterries, I interchange them all, I didn't hustle motorola bcuz the first time I asked for one my original battery had terrible life and then the other time I called them I had lost the battery I got from them before and then later found it so I have 3:) its completely free and they ship to you in like about 3-4 business days, hope I helped someoneee