Holding Bloggers Accountable

sin vicious

Reaction score
It's really sad some of these bloggers post rumors because of leaked home made memo. Whats even worst is when the rumor is proven to be wrong and they do not post a retraction or correction. (ahem! droid-life)..

Cheers to Androidcentral, droidforums.net for following up and correcting the false rumor.

How many sales where affected because of this false rumor? How many canceled orders? How many people were duped into selling or canceling their phones because of this? At the very least these bloggers should be held accountable and be asked to retract or correct a post...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let them feel in it a lower number of visits.....Just like speaking with your dollars...

djenks24

Reaction score
You should go back and read some more articles. First, the way that was written he noted it to be a rumor and questioned the validity, Second, he reported that the incredible would be getting new screens and said in that article that it was probably untrue that the incredible would be discontinued, and Third he has just posted another article about the incredible mentioning the upgrade to froyo and whether it would get an update or not, also stating the the incredible is not on its way out. Sounds someone else needs to get their facts straight before posting stuff on the internet.

OP
S

sin vicious

Reaction score
You should go back and read some more articles. First, the way that was written he noted it to be a rumor and questioned the validity, Second, he reported that the incredible would be getting new screens and said in that article that it was probably untrue that the incredible would be discontinued, and Third he has just posted another article about the incredible mentioning the upgrade to froyo and whether it would get an update or not, also stating the the incredible is not on its way out. Sounds someone else needs to get their facts straight before posting stuff on the internet.

The last post mentioned was posted way after i first posted this. Secondly writing about a second screen (super lcd) and casually mentioning that the phaseout "could have" been due to the change, does not do justice.. it screams TABLOID Blogging... A clear titled statement like the one posted on the rumor is in order. (in my humble opinion) Companys loose out in millions and people are duped into thinking their device will not be supported.. Check the postings here for yourself.. Androidcentral did a good with phrasing it as well as droidforums..

mendy817

Reaction score
get over yourself sin vicious. kellex does an amazing job 99.9% of the time, cut the guy some slack.

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tabloid blogs actually do pretty well. Ask TMZ. :p

OP
S

sin vicious

Reaction score
get over yourself sin vicious. kellex does an amazing job 99.9% of the time, cut the guy some slack.

I would agree he does.. however when its wrong its wrong.. and the people affected are numorous. Just looking out for the people.. This is not personal.

OP
S

sin vicious

Reaction score
Sorry but what are you talking about my good Sir?

I am talking about how unfortunate it is when bloggers posts rumors or state inside sources.. but end up completely wrong. In the meantime, companies loose out on potential sales, workers on comissions and consumers on a decent phone because of a hoax. Its cool to report rumors, but the minute itas proven wrong a retraction should be posted as a main title (the same way a rumor was posted).. this way harm is minimized.

Last edited by a moderator:

djenks24

Reaction score
Sorry but what are you talking about my good Sir?

I am talking about how unfortunate it is when bloggers posts rumors or state inside sources.. but end up completely wrong. In the meantime, companies loose out on potential sales, workers on comissions and consumers on a decent phone because of a hoax. Its cool to report rumors, but the minute itas proven wrong a retraction should be posted as a main title (the same way a rumor was posted).. this way harm is minimized.

Are you sure you read the same article I did? I didn't seem like a hoax, it seemed like someone reading something and then commenting on what he read. Oh yea, and questioning weather it could be true or not. I don't think that this could possibly affect the sales of the incredible as much as the fact that they aren't even available until 7/27 via the Verizon Website. And really....for the people?