Hiya all. New Motorola Droid owner

bearwife

Reaction score
and very happy with it so far except for a couple of related problems which are making me crazy: 1) Droid really doesn't seem to see wireless networks, and just won't connect. In fact, today wifi turns itself off when I try to connect to a network (assuming it spots one.) It also seems to greatly understate strength of our home network, to which everything else connects very readily. 2) Can't sync with my SplashID data base at all. On the sole occasion I got the Droid to connect to a wireless network, the one my laptop and data base is on, it apparently didn't recognize IP address of my laptop.

Other than that, great device.

About me: gadget queen but a use/enthusiast, not a true hardware or software expert. My last smartphone was a Blackberry curve, and I was a Palm user for a long time though I've abandoned my T/X now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum, bearwife. I too have had problems connecting with my wireless network. I can connect and sitting right next to the modem I stay connected, however when I walk into the living room it seems that I almost always lose the signal. It doesn't happen immediately, but it almost always happens sooner or later. I have 2 TiVo's and a lap top computer hooked up to this network and they are all indicating good signal strength.

I've brought this up in the forum before and basically what I got for feedback was that it had to be a problem with my router. I strongly disagree.

Maybe somebody else will read this and give some more ideas, but I wanted to say hello and let you know you are not the only one experiencing an issue with this.