Wireless Network Shuts Down after Droid is connected

CuddleGozer

Reaction score
Hello. I have a Droid with connectivity issues on my home network. I have a TKIP/WPA protected wireless network with no connectivity issues with other devices. I use the droid at other hotspots and other protected networks with no problem at all.

I connect to wifi and it works for a while, maybe a half hour, sometimes longer. Then the wireless network goes down for everything connected to the network.

There are 2 laptops, an iphone, ps3 and 2 desktops contantly connected to the network.

How can I diagnose/solve this problem?

Droid_Depot

Reaction score
My network is similar. The network doesn't go down but it can get extremely laggy. I know something is wrong when I try to log into the admin portal on the router and it loads incorrectly. Try firmware updating your router or a reset. I also know that if I use torrents that can slam my modem and router with numerous in and out bound connections it can crash it as well.

On your PC's if running windows you can open the command prompt and type netstat on each PC. This will give you a list of running connections. You may have some bandwidth hogging spyware or something.

There are routers that allow you to monitor activity per client but they are usually more expensive than your average router.

Hope this helps a little bit.